Pennyroyal Opens for the 2011 season April 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the amount of rain that we've had, I'm willing to bet that the vis at the quarry is wiped out right now.

With the amount of rain that we've had, I'm willing to bet that the vis at the quarry is wiped out right now.

With the amount of rain we've had, who needs a quarry to dive in?

On a serious note, my parents just called & said that the rising flood waters may threaten their house. I am now prepping my house for them to stay, in the event that they may have to evacuate.:( I would love to have them,... just not in that manner.

On a serious note, my parents just called & said that the rising flood waters may threaten their house. I am now prepping my house for them to stay, in the event that they may have to evacuate.:( I would love to have them,... just not in that manner.

I wish them the best. I know there are a lot of flooded houses in your area. We have a lot of back roads flooded here but they are mostly passing through farmland.

I was considering picking up my regs this afternoon. Morgan Ave was blocked between Aquatech and 41. So I decided that I would take I-164 around to Morgan. By the time that I was going to leave work Dawson Springs was under a tornado warning. I decided to stay off of the road. I'll get them later.

Update on Pennyroyal viz: I went down there last weekend, and all of the rain has taken a toll. Happily, I spoke with a buddy before I dropped the loot in the office. The viz in the shallows is <5ft. One of the guys swam into the bus, I'm told. The viz gets better in the deeper areas, but is still very cold. I may have to wait a few more weeks before I try it again. I was told that they plan to treat the water again soon, like they did last year...and that improved viz dramatically.

That is good news! I did a few before/after treatment dives last year, and the difference was incredible. I am going to have to get there in the next few weeks. If I don't get my new BCD wet, I'm gonna have a stroke!

That's interesting. What do they treat the water with?

I think it is copper sulfate. Can't remember for sure. It helps to settle the sediments & kills off a lot of the algae bloom.

As of Memorial Day Weekend, the conditions were:

Surface- Vis. was only about 6- 10 ft. in the shallow section. Temps from surface to 10 ft was about 65 degrees & from 10 ft to the bottom of the shallow section was about 55 degrees.

Deeper (I only got to about 45 ft)- the vis opened up to about 20 ft. & temps was about 40 degrees. I was told by a friend that went deeper that the vis opened up more to about 30 ft or so,..... of course, it was still very cold (as always).

Anyone diving this weekend? I was wanting to dive Saturday but I need to go truck shopping (sold my truck). If I go Sunday, I'll have a single and a wetsuit in my Jeep. No promises, just seeing if anyone was going to be there.

Anyone diving this weekend? I was wanting to dive Saturday but I need to go truck shopping (sold my truck). If I go Sunday, I'll have a single and a wetsuit in my Jeep. No promises, just seeing if anyone was going to be there.

Working night shift.....:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom