Pensacola between Christmas and New Years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeremy Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to catch a few days of boat dives in the Pensacola area. I’ve left a couple of voicemails for dive boats and no calls back so far. Anybody know of some wreck diving that would welcome a +1 in the panhandle?

I’m flexible on location (Destin? Panama City?) since I’ll be driving down. If the opportunity is there, I’d like to dive the Mighty O but I’m flexible. Looking to dive Dec 27-30 if I can find a willing boat. Any ideas?

Have you tried Niuhi Diving of Pensacola (basically at Perdido Key)?

I've found Niuhi to be responsive. Unfortunately, the weather often makes it difficult to get out that time of year in the Gulf.

MBT? Scuba Tech?
To be honest I find MOST dive shops can be slow to respond. Resorts are pretty good but shops not so much. My last trip to Pensacola I just checked once I got there.

Good luck. That time of year may be tough. Florideans dont do water below 75. :)

MBT is one of the only places where I did get to speak to somebody. They sent me to H2O Below. I need to make more calls today.

I am picking up on the lack of enthusiasm for diving the Gulf in December.

I believe Scuba Tech. Destin) does go out the odd time in winter (at least they did 10 years ago). In recent years Emerald Coast in Destin has had their boat(s) out for winter until April. I went out in winter once with Dive Locker in Panama City Beach.
With only a 4 day window this time of year my guess is you'll be out of luck. There's the weather plus need for them to get at least 4 divers interested.

I’ll try them (again?). I’ve called a bunch of boats and shops. So far nobody is going out that week. I’ve pretty much accepted that at this point.

I’ll try them (again?). I’ve called a bunch of boats and shops. So far nobody is going out that week. I’ve pretty much accepted that at this point.

Try down under diveshop in orange beach,al I have been seeing them post about trips late into the season. May also want to see about the scuba shack in P’cola They have a bigger boat that will need divers to go out but most of the deck is inside. My personal favorite’s have been previously mentioned in the thread.

Down Under Dive Shop

Dive Boat — Pensacola, Florida — Scuba Shack WET DREAM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom