Pensacola recommendations & thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Mack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
2nd week of July my whole family will be in Pensacola for a destination wedding. While in Pensacola we will have 7 divers that will be in the group and we want to do a couple days of diving.

Any thoughts on a dive company, dive sites etc.... would be greatly appreciated.

Two of the divers are getting there OW right now. One of the divers has recently gotten there OW but no real diving. The others range from a couple years to 30 plus years. The best case scenario would be a charter for just our group but not sure if that's possible.

JM

Dive Pro’s and MBT Divers are very professional and highly recommended. NIUHI dive charter is top notch. Contact Capt Andy, if he is booked he will steer you in right direction. Google them. Some great diving around P’cola. Recommend you check and book early

I'm not super familiar with Pensacola, however Gulf Shores Alabama is only about 30 miles away. I've been out with Down Under scuba a handful of times. There's several wrecks that are good diving for Open Water certifications.

This is a goliath grouper I saw on the wreck of the Lulu
full.png

full.png

Never dove there, I've left messages for all the Captains and they all called me back and I thought that was cool. I have a friend Dave who runs a boat there. So obeying friend code here he is.

Frog Bottom Dive Charters - Home

We're in a similar position. Heading to P'Cola area (actually Gulf Breeze) end of October for a wedding. Probably 4 divers, 2 of which are recent OW cert and other 2 are AOW with about 70 dives at this point. Checked out Dive Pros last Dec. Couldn't dive due time constraints, but they impressed us. Very helpful and free with information about the area. Recommendations for shore dives if boats are full?

Check my previous comment. Also, not the greatest shore dives but there are some. Remember you are also very close to Cave Country which means great springs diving and no you don't have to be cave certified unless you plan on going into a cave. Stay in touch and book early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom