Pensacola Shore Dive trip: a new diver seeks advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water trmp was right around 20C and vis was 25-30ft!! I saw dolphins at the Tex. Otherwise lots of snappers, balls of baitfish, starfish, several sea slugs and sea hares, and all sorts of stuff i don't know the names of!!!

Both dives were great aside from the sickness.

I was doing great on the whole sea-sickness until i had to get my gear on. Thats when my stomache knoted up...:vomit:!!!!

I have the same issue, racing out in the boat - slapping waves, I'm fine. When we stop, and I have to look down to get my gear together or tank switched....:vomit: I take a Bonine the night before and the morning of a dive, and have been fine. But I haven't been out on a windy, big wave day since I started the Bonine... I like it because Bonine doesn't make me sleepy like Dramamine does. Glad you enjoyed the dives anyway!

I have the same issue, racing out in the boat - slapping waves, I'm fine. When we stop, and I have to look down to get my gear together or tank switched....:vomit: I take a Bonine the night before and the morning of a dive, and have been fine. But I haven't been out on a windy, big wave day since I started the Bonine... I like it because Bonine doesn't make me sleepy like Dramamine does. Glad you enjoyed the dives anyway!

For what it's worth waves were in the 1-2ft range. Bonnies huh, i haven't heard of them. I'll check that out soon!

If high tide is in the morning St. Andrews gate opens at 8am people start lining up around 7am. (Annual Pass holders have gate codes to get in/out) We get breakfast on the drive over and get there around 7am. Then you can get a good parking spot near the tables and the Kiddie pool area (Short walk) or over to the gulf side (Long walk). Over the Kiddie pool wall then left/north shallow water, right/south deeper water. Must tow a dive flag and watch out from fishermen and boats.

Awesome thread. Thank you all for the posts! Will be there in August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom