Perdix AI - "AIR" symbol flashing red - why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flotul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,

I've set my computer to OC REC dive mode and, at a certain point of time during the give, maybe (I'm not sure yet) at the time I enter deco stops, the "AIR" symbol flashes a few times red.

I couldn't find any info in the manuals appart when any info is flashing red, it requires urgent attention.

I have far enough air when this display happens so I'm a little confused.

So what does it actually really mean please?

Rog'

Why are you doing deco dives with your computer set to recreational?

Why are you doing deco dives with your computer set to recreational?

I'm discovering this computer. I changed from OC REC (default setting when I bought the DC) to OC TEC now.

There are tons of information for me to acquire with this kind of DC so I need a little bit of time and a lot of testing :-D

BTW, I couldn't find any explanation about the difference between OC REC and OC TEC appart from the display changes in the manual. Am I blind? :-D

Rog'

Is it possible that for a small period your computer lost the signal from the transmitter ?

Check if you have any nitrox mix turned on, it's probably telling you you have a better deco gass availlable.
At least that's what a flashing gas mix means in Tec mode.

Check if you have any nitrox mix turned on, it's probably telling you you have a better deco gass availlable.
At least that's what a flashing gas mix means in Tec mode.

If there’s a better mix it goes yellow. Red is warning/alarm condition.

How deep were you when the AIR flashed ?

I'm discovering this computer. I changed from OC REC (default setting when I bought the DC) to OC TEC now.

There are tons of information for me to acquire with this kind of DC so I need a little bit of time and a lot of testing :-D

BTW, I couldn't find any explanation about the difference between OC REC and OC TEC appart from the display changes in the manual. Am I blind? :-D

Rog'
I think there are two manuals.

I use my Perdix in Rec mode if I am diving air as it is (damn predictive keyboard) easier than changing the mix etc.

Back
Top Bottom