Perdix AI Feature request in Dive Log screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will depend on a lot more about fitness/ cardio/stamina level? And also how the diver is experienced.

It will, but I specifically did not include the ones you listed, as they are unlikely to be fairly estimated by a user. Thus, I am way ahead of you.

How would you use sex, height, weight to estimate your SAC vs similar group?
With those data you can get the BMI and other similar measurements/values such as Surface-Based Body Shape Index (SBBS)

A Fit person will not have an elevated BMI value (if I am not wrong) and users know if they do practice a lot more cardio per week. Guess previous SAC history can help
based on number of dives made per week / month ?
based on number of fitness session made per week / month ?
based on previous SAC history ?

Interesting and a wanted feature.

based on number of dives made per week / month ? - Numbers can vary from month to month, year to year. What is a dive? 20mins vs 3 hours? 20ft vs 140ft? How can one quantify this?

based on number of fitness session made per week / month ? - Not everyone does just gym. In some cities people walk for miles, in some cities people ride cars. Some have a job at a desk, others have a physical one. If you add 1 hour of gym, how is this a same for both?

based on previous SAC history ? Like many have good historical data..

BMI sucks if you have a lot of muscles, it counts against you.

I keep telling you, I got this.

In that case what is the point to have a detailed SAC ?
Isn't more average ?
Isn't better to carry enought gas (maybe based on SAC rate history) + checking the gas plan calculation ?
'cause it's the same what's the average of worldwide divers who own a Shearweater ?

Back
Top Bottom