Perdix AI - transmitter activation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ToomasK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I recently got new Perdix AI. Setting it up I discovered that there are missing AI setup menu to connect transmitter. To solve this issue I just have to update firmware through Shearwater Cloud service what I did, but unfortunately no result.
For now I have updated firmware thru Deskdop and Android. In Cloud update has failed due bluetooth connection timeout.

Now I have version v72 English Classic.

Do I miss something or what can I do to activate AI functionality?

I do not want to send it back to refund, but if I can not solve it then I have to do it.

Br
Toomas

Attachments

• 20200809_151706.jpg
    20200809_151706.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 163
  • 20200809_154357.jpg
    20200809_154357.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 20200809_154616_v2.jpg
    20200809_154616_v2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_20200810-120952_Shearwater.jpg
    Screenshot_20200810-120952_Shearwater.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 124
There should be a manual book where it is explained step by step. I cant remember if it was included in the package, or if i had to google it up.

You only send pictures of the update process. You are not able to go inside the normal menu?

There should be an AI part where u can add 1 transmitter, by adding the serial number if it

That is the main issue, that there are no such menu like AI setup under System setup - where you can enter transmitter serial number.
To me it looks like that this is ordinary Perdix, not Perdix AI.
Althought all other info shows that it is Perdix AI - Quality checklist, test dive info, Cloud service, when recognize computer model

Nop.
If I compare package box cover , quality checklist (what are matching) and serial number from Cloud then they are different.
One begins with 3440xxxx and info from Cloud 3819xxxx.
Now it is clear why I have these issues.

Thanks for thinking along :)

So let me get this right, someone sold you a Perdix and you thought you were buying a Perdix AI?

You might have to contact Shearwater for an unlock code.

"This Perdix is locked for AI capabilities. Please contact info@shearwater.com and request free AI capability code. Enter code in System Setup > Unlock" on the packaging apparently.

I remember reading that some units were shipped with AI locked due to CE restrictions or something(?).

AI setup hiding from me

It turned out that it were a Perdix. And if it is Perdix then there are no way to activate it by code. - Info from Shearwater support

Since shop where I bought it, have 14 day return policy so they took it back and sended the right product. For now I have received new Perdix AI.

It turned out that it were a Perdix. And if it is Perdix then there are no way to activate it by code. - Info from Shearwater support

Since shop where I bought it, have 14 day return policy so they took it back and sended the right product. For now I have received new Perdix AI.

That's so BS. You bought a Perdix AI and the shop get you a Perdix... I would of gotten so mad. Returned it and bought it somewhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom