Perdix AI vs SPG pressure difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it has never showed a 3000psi tank highest I have gotten it was on a tank that read 3700 on a hp 120 and it read 2700

Maybe someone can explain this my perdix ai reads 1000 psi lower then any other spg or dive computer yet as time goes on they end up matching up around the 1500psi range I am new to the perdix so I want to know if it is something I have done or something with the transmitter

Bad pressure sensor ... arrange to send the transmitter to Shearwater for evaluation.

Yes it has never showed a 3000psi tank highest I have gotten it was on a tank that read 3700 on a hp 120 and it read 2700

Check that your Rated Pressure setting under "T1/T2 Setup is set high enough. The manual says this is really just to calibrate the tank pressure bar graph, but it can't hurt to check...

Check that your Rated Pressure setting under "T1/T2 Setup is set high enough. The manual says this is really just to calibrate the tank pressure bar graph, but it can't hurt to check...

@Justin4092 I'd be curious if this is the problem. I found my Rated pressure was a little off. I wonder if this is why my Perdix AI is a little lower than the digital gauge at the fill station.

@Justin4092 I'd be curious if this is the problem. I found my Rated pressure was a little off. I wonder if this is why my Perdix AI is a little lower than the digital gauge at the fill station.
The rated pressure is purely to calibrate the visual tank representation. The sensor calculates a pressure and then transmits blind. If you set several dive computers to receive it, all of them would read the same pressure regardless of the computer settings.

There is, like on any SPG, a margin of error but if it is routinely off a calibrated gauge then a service tech can adjust it.
Also, please everyone remember, it is tempting to fall into the trap of seeing a pressure down to the last psi and assume its accurate rather than precise, the error mechanisms of an analogue SPG still occur so it will be less accurate at the extremes of its rating.

perdix ai reads 1000 psi lower then any other

A couple of guys had transmitter connection problems when they first got them, they removed the battery for about half an hr (I'm not sure if it was out of just one or both so do both), no problems since. Obviously your problem is different but it can't hurt to try it.

If you're suicidal maybe?
Ha! Didn’t mean that way. If you see 2654 psi it’s super tempting to assume that it’s super accurate vs a spg of 2600-ish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom