Perdix AI with 2 xmitters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am considering an Air Integrated Shearwater Perdix with two transmitters for my cave sidemount rig. Does anyone here have any experience with two transmitters?

Do the transmitters ever interfere with one another if you get two different ones as the Shearwater site says? Can you see both tank pressures at the same time?

Any other issues?

I have 2 transmitters on my perdix AI (a grey and yellow SW) and I never had any issues. You can configure your screen to display what you want, including both pressures. It's amazing!

I have 2 transmitters on my perdix AI (a grey and yellow SW) and I never had any issues. You can configure your screen to display what you want, including both pressures. It's amazing!

Excellent, thank you!!

Works quite well. I use the “mini” display that gives me both tank pressures on the right side of the middle row.

I'm using two grey transmitters so I can monitor both tanks in sidemount. No problem. I just make sure I don't turn on both tanks at exactly the same time. About 2-3s apart is perfect, because the transmit interval is about 5s, so even a little clock drift wont cause the signals to collide.

they work fine. If they're different colors that transmit at different time intervals they won't interfere with each other. You can set the middle row, right cell, to display both pressures simultaneously

I'm using two grey transmitters

This is a copy/paste from the Shearwater AI Users Manual:
==============================

4.8. Using Multiple Transmitters When using mutliple transmitters, best reception reliabilty
will be attained when using transmitters of different colors (FIGURE 10).
The different colors have different transmit timing. This
prevents communication collisions that could potentially cause
a loss of connection. When two transmitters of the same color are used, the
potential exists for their communication timing to become
synchronized. When this occurs, the transmitters will interfere
with each other, resulting in data dropouts. These dropouts
may resolve quickly or could last up to 20 minutes or more.
By using different colored transmitters, the transmit
timing periods are different enough that collisions due to
synchronized communications will resolve quickly.
Shearwater sells standard gray transmitters, and also yellow
transmitters with alternate transmit timing.

Been diving transmitters since day 1 of cave.

I sometimes get a drop on my left hand computer to my right hand bottle, but it quickly picks back up if I bring back near my body for a few seconds. But for some reason it never affects my right hand computer, I am thinking it might be interference by the light.

Since I was buying new I run grey and yellow. I don't think the colors are probably that big of a deal because it took them a couple of years to even notice that the yellow transmitter was on the same timing as the grey on before the recall.

This is a copy/paste from the Shearwater AI Users Manual:
==============================

4.8. Using Multiple Transmitters When using mutliple transmitters, best reception reliabilty
will be attained when using transmitters of different colors (FIGURE 10).
The different colors have different transmit timing. This
prevents communication collisions that could potentially cause
a loss of connection. When two transmitters of the same color are used, the
potential exists for their communication timing to become
synchronized. When this occurs, the transmitters will interfere
with each other, resulting in data dropouts. These dropouts
may resolve quickly or could last up to 20 minutes or more.
By using different colored transmitters, the transmit
timing periods are different enough that collisions due to
synchronized communications will resolve quickly.
Shearwater sells standard gray transmitters, and also yellow
transmitters with alternate transmit timing.
Yes, I know that. If I had two colors I'd use them. I had two greys.....I consider my solution of turning them on 2-3s apart a skills solution to an equipment problem. :)

Yes, I know that. If I had two colors I'd use them. I had two greys.....I consider my solution of turning them on 2-3s apart a skills solution to an equipment problem. :)

Gotcha...Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom