Closed Perdix AI

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a padded flat rate envelope with insurance. $8 + $12

I did not specify the method in which it was to be returned me. Only that it be in the same condition as when I sent it.

I'd like to hear what others have to say. Is the seller wrong? Am I wrong? Should this seller correct the situation or tell me to pound sand/spend more money for something I already paid for?

Since you asked for other opinions - I think that if the cover was that important, then it should have been confirmed prior to the sale when the "just a perdix" side deal was offered.
is the seller wrong?
The seller could have been more clear that the Perdix offered in the "side deal" was not the one pictured. "Just a Perdix" may be technically accurate, but "a different Perdix" would have been far more accurate. Were I to be the buyer, I don't think I'd automatically assume the seller had a second Perdix available to sell. This is however all a communication issue, which the seller has already admitted to.
The Seller offering to sell the cover at a discount is reasonable "compensation" for the less-than-perfect communication
Am I wrong?
Wrong to assume what was included in the side deal without confirmation? - yes
Wrong to assume that the side deal was a different PC than the one pictured - this is more gray for the reasons already stated. BUT - IMO, as an both a buyer and occasional seller of things - it is ultimately the buyer's responsibility to confirm anything that is not explicitly stated as included in a sale. It is not the seller's responsibility to make sure the buyer understands what they are buying.
Buyer expecting the seller to provide the cover for free is unreasonable
Should this seller correct the situation or tell me to pound sand/spend more money for something I already paid for?
This is too biased a question to warrant a response.

Back
Top Bottom