Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HKGuns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So after diving in India and having my Oceanic Pro Plus 3 barking at me constantly, (my fault completely) I decided to take the advice most often given here and brought home a shiny new Perdix AI.

Set up and configuration was very straight forward and the interface is very intuitive.

Question: Do I leave the AI on my first stage or do I put it on each time before I dive? If I leave it off, do I need to keep a plug in that HP port?

Leave it on. No reason to remove it.

Leave it on, rinse well after use.

Question: Do I leave the AI on my first stage or do I put it on each time before I dive?
I’d leave it on. However, I do remove it when traveling as my reg packs better in my backpack with it off.
If I leave it off, do I need to keep a plug in that HP port?
Absolutely put the plug back - I would never leave a port unplugged in storage or transport - threads could get damaged and, even though the HP port orifices are quite small, I don’t want to risk anything getting in.

I leave mine in, but will relate a funny story (if funny means "Seaweed did something stupid").

I was taking my Instructor Development course and we had gone into shallow water for our first practice teaching demo of a confined water skill. When my turn came to "teach" I had to submerge while the course director told the other candidates what to do wrong so I could try and catch it. Of course, I submerged with my air turned off. I then nonchalantly reached back (while holding my breath) to turn the air on. I darn near unscrewed the AI (and thus flooded my first stage) when I grabbed it by mistake....

Should have included this above.

p3852001970-5.jpg

Leave it on. The device turns itself off when depressured. Less risk to the threads and the o-ring from unnecessary removal/installations. Plus its another thing to keep track of.

One word of caution, if you let the boat crew swap your tanks, depending on your placement, be mindful that the transmitter can be confused for a valve handle. The yellow transmitter can help in this case, or a six inch hose if the placement is a problem. I just swap out my own gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom