Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once on a boat, another diver casually leaned on my tied up tank’s transmitter mid conversation. Luckily there was no damage done to the pod, and he moved before any needed to be done to him, but that was all I needed to put me firmly in the 6” hose club

I went AI so I could get rid of a hose.

There are options. I love the Perdix but decided not to get the AI transmitter for now. I may do so at a later time.
However I did decide to get a digital SPG which is easy to read. Goes together well with my Perdix. It's a console not a dive computer.

CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg

when I used an AI i had it on a longer hp hose where it would clip on to a d ring just like a spg. no blockage between xmitter and computer. that was years ago so it may not be an issue with new AI units.

I had the max depth alarm set stupidly at 60 feet and wasn’t acknowledging other alerts as i should have. (Turn pressure etc.)

The clincher was not being able to figure how how to set it up to read Bar.
Its in the setup on about the 2nd or 3rd screen I think.

The only real issues i have had besides loosing accuracy is that if you put the reg cap on yoiu can build up presure and it will turn on the xmitter and drain the battery. Purgeing the reg and then letting it sit will require another purge

...another diver casually leaned on my tied up tank’s transmitter mid conversation. Luckily there was no damage done to the pod...
Do you seriously believe they are that fragile?

Do you seriously believe they are that fragile?

I believe that a 200+lb gentleman supporting himself via the end of the transmitter pod for a decent length of time would put significant stress on the brass threads of the pod/reg fulcrum. Combined with the boat bouncing around, I wasn't all that interested in letting the experiment reach a conclusive result

if you put the reg cap on yoiu can build up presure
?? What do you mean by "reg cap?"
Note that the transmitter turns on at 120psi; where does that pressure come from?

?? What do you mean by "reg cap?"
Note that the transmitter turns on at 120psi; where does that pressure come from?

the water proof cap you put on the reg after removal, to seal the reg input from the tank. For those that give thier reg a long purge to blow it dry it chills the reg body ;It then warms up and turns on the AI. some remove regs from tank and instantly put on a 1" rubber ball type thing and others are like TP's with a spare oring in it. if it seals tightly the reg warms up and pressure builds and ultimately turns on the AI xmitter you just have to purge the secondary every few minutes untill no more purging happens after removal. Same thing happens when you shut of your tank air at the setup table you have to purge to shut down the xmitter. easiest way to monitor is to watch your puter and see if it is again xmitting PSI. Hopefully xmitters turn on at higher pressures than years ago. if not it is something to watch for. Ive gone through too many batteries because of that. Another erason I no longer use xmitters. NOthing says crap more than taking the reg out of the bag loosening the yoke and hearing a psssst.

Back
Top Bottom