Perdix compass disappears after ‘Mark’ w/ mini compass on bottom row

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not sure if this is normal, or if it is, why it’s this way: When I have the mini compass in the bottom row (OC Rec) and press the right button to activate the main compass, then mark a heading, the main compass disappears and I’m back on the main screen. If I remove the mini compass from the bottom row, then activate the main compass and mark a heading, the main compass stays unless I intentionally exit to the main screen.

I like having the mini compass for quick reference, but if I’m going to really navigate I feel like I’d want to use the main compass, so why does it disappear?

Not complaining, just curious - the more I use this thing the more I like it.

Hello, Joe. You are describing normal behavior. The logic we used was that by putting the mini compass in the home screen, users were making a choice to use that for navigation. Therefore after making the mark, the Perdix will send you back to the main screen were you would have your navigation mark along with any other additional information you configured into the bottom row. If that was not your specific situation, the main compass is only one button press away. By pressing the right button once, you'll get back to the main compass which will have your navigation marks. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Zef
Thank you - it does help to know that’s the intended operation. I had been diving w/o the little compass so I guess the change just caught me off guard. I’m glad to know it’s not a glitch.

Back
Top Bottom