Perdix gas questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just got my Perdix and I don't understand 2 things:
  1. how can I enter pure oxygen? all I could find is set a gas to 99/00. Is this the right way?
  2. when I'm using 50% and 100% as deco gases, it always uses the bottom gas (18/45) as 21m (=69 feet) deco gas and switches to 50% at 18m (50 feet). Is there a way to tell him "use the 50% gas at 21m for deco"?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Chris

Hi guys,
I just got my Perdix and I don't understand 2 things:
  1. how can I enter pure oxygen? all I could find is set a gas to 99/00. Is this the right way?
  2. when I'm using 50% and 100% as deco gases, it always uses the bottom gas (18/45) as 21m (=69 feet) deco gas and switches to 50% at 18m (50 feet). Is there a way to tell him "use the 50% gas at 21m for deco"?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Chris

1. Yup, 99/00 is Pure Oxygen.
2. It should automatically set EAN50 for 21m. Did you change the PO2 limits in Adv Config 1? Also, you can still switch to EAN50 at 21m even if it takes an additional button push or two.

I played around a bit and it seems,that this only occurs on shallower dives.
When I plan 45min at 45m, it does use 50% at 21m, but with 35min at 35m, it uses air at 21m.

Settings in Adv. Config 2 are
- OC Min. PPO2 -> 0.17
- OC Max. PPO2 -> 1.65
- OC Deco PPO2 -> 1.61

Greetings,

Chris

that is strange? - i assume the yellow highlight to tell you you had a better gas didnt come on at 21m

I played around a bit and it seems,that this only occurs on shallower dives.
When I plan 45min at 45m, it does use 50% at 21m, but with 35min at 35m, it uses air at 21m.

Settings in Adv. Config 2 are
- OC Min. PPO2 -> 0.17
- OC Max. PPO2 -> 1.65
- OC Deco PPO2 -> 1.61

Greetings,

Chris

Maybe because your ceiling is shallow enough that the switch doesn't make sense to it? I'd bet that if you actually do the dive, it'd highlight your gas to notify you of a better mix and auto-select EAN50 at 21m.

Maybe because your ceiling is shallow enough that the switch doesn't make sense to it? I'd bet that if you actually do the dive, it'd highlight your gas to notify you of a better mix and auto-select EAN50 at 21m.
or hes looking at the gas switch in a dive planner witch might show hes still on He at 21m

Its because on the 35mins at 35m plan you don't have a stop below 6m/20ft yet. So you ascend on air all the way up to 6m

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom