Perdix SAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can I get some help from you Perdix gurus please?

I had my first dive in 9 mths today and something seems to have changed, 2 or 3 presses of the right button use to show current SAC but I couldn't find it today. Has that been omitted from the latest firmware or have I changed something in the settings?

TIA
Mike

Ah I had GTR turned off :facepalm:

Also on that same page it shows the T1 & T2 pressures twice, I can't remember that either lol
Is there some other info that can be added there?
8DE6CDF3-4F63-4AD2-93E7-5AB1D55E8DB7.jpeg

Is that your default screen? Or one a couple of right-presses in? That looks like pressures have been assigned to the middle row (are you in OC Tec mode?), and then you've also right clicked to the AI page, which is indeed two presses in.

The default (main) screen is changed in the Setup menu. You can assign a wide variety of data fields to the middle row, as well as limited customization of the bottom row in Tec Mode. In Rec Mode, it's the opposite: only the bottom row is configurable.
Screenshot_20201103-090249_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Then it doesn't look like you've done anything wrong. Since you found that at least one SAC display is tied to the GTR data field, you fixed that missing piece.
If that's what you want to see all the time, you set it up perfectly.

My personal choice has shifted the more I use my toy. For some reef dives, the mini compass helps keep me oriented, especially in low vis. But my favorite addition to the main screen is now SurGF. For a no-deco dive, it helps me judge my risk factor should a sudden problem dictate an immediate ascent. Any time it approaches 70, I know that I'm committed to my safety stop and an extra slow ascent for the last 15 feet.

Without reopening the Gradient Factor battles that plague the tec threads, that's where I've personally placed my risk limit, and SurGF is a great way to track it. I'll use the mini T1/T2 display to track my tank pressures (but I need my little reader lenses glued to my mask, lol).

Yeah I just thought it was a waste of space showing the pressures twice on one screen.
Thanks for your insight :thumb:

Btw I need my reader lenses to see any of it lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom