Perdix screen glare - tested solution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you perhaps mean the mirror-like effect caused by the air between the glass and the display when viewed at an angle? This isn't visible above water, but it is under water.

That is pretty much the main reason i dont have a Perdix yet. My SDA, Xeon and OSTC2 didn't/don't have this problem.

Do you perhaps mean the mirror-like effect caused by the air between the glass and the display when viewed at an angle? This isn't visible above water, but it is under water.

That is pretty much the main reason i dont have a Perdix yet. My SDA, Xeon and OSTC2 didn't/don't have this problem.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s what it is. I dove with it last night and noticed it early on, but it got dark kinda quick to really investigate it. I did try messing with the brightness, but since it was dark I ended up liking the dimmer setting.

If that is what it is, there is no solution. Air has this effect, the only way to 'fix' this in future models of the Perdix is for Shearwater to bond the display to the glass, removing the air gap. I suspect Shearwater has their reasons for doing it the way that did; all the other computers in mentioned are opened (for servicing) from the back; the Perdix from the front from the looks of things.

Do you know if its the same on the Teric?

After a few days of diving I no longer notice whatever it was that was bugging me. On the first dives I felt like I had to twist and turn the computer to read it. Now it’s fine - I honestly can’t tell if I just got used to it (meaning still reflective but not bothering me), my eyes changed (no longer looks reflective), or if the computer somehow changed (obviously doubt that). But it doesn’t matter, I love my Perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom