Perdix Settings to Match Oceanic Geo / Veo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a Geo 2.0, currently have a Petrel and ran both for a period of time. You can't match DSAT as it's more liberal than the Petrel. If the Oceanic is using PZ+, it matches very closely to 30/85 (medium in rec mode).

I have the same setup but with a Veo 2. I dive in medium conservativeness if I am remote and if I am in an easily accessible area, I go low.

Forgive me, @MargaritaMike, if this is a dense question but it is mostly out of curiosity. My buddy/partner is still diving a Suunto and I have moved on to the above setup. While our algorithms yield very different results, we communicate and have a mutual understanding at what point we communicate to the other diver that we have a certain amount of NDL left and what those signals are and what they mean. It is not necessary for us to match, though I understand why that would be convenient...

I sometimes will dip down a little deeper than him, etc., but I always try to keep above a 5 min NDL. We both tap our computers, signal 5, and signal to shallow up a bit. We can also tap on our computer in the same manner but point to the other person and that is a way to ask how much NDL time left and have that person signal back. I kind of like this arrangement as it prevents one or both of us from making assumptions and becoming complacement. I am not suggesting you will do this by having matching algorithms; I’m merely saying the extra “hassle” prevents this for me and I like that. :) Especially with a new dive partner.
Thanks. I'll try that. It's a brand new partner. I'll meet up with her for the first time in July. Thanks again.
Cheers -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom