Perdix Transmitter Battery Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

13 dives seems too short. Maybe you are leaving the transmitter pressurized too long. After initial setup of a tank and checking the pressure I release the system pressure to turn off the transmitter.
It was on a LOB. Standard procedure uas for all divers to remove regulators from the tank after a dive so that boat boys can refill the tank. Divers reattach the regulator after the gas is analysed just prior to the next dive. Not more than 10 mins to dive sites.

I had changed the battery before joining the LOB for a week with 16 dives scheduled. The warning came on after th 13th dive.

That came out of an oceanic manual, so figured it would be accurate. Bad batteries do happen though and 0% chance I go anywhere without spares and/or chargers for any sort of technology...
The Perdix manual also says 300 hrs. I’m just saying that you can get bad batteries.

It was on a LOB. Standard procedure uas for all divers to remove regulators from the tank after a dive so that boat boys can refill the tank. Divers reattach the regulator after the gas is analysed just prior to the next dive. Not more than 10 mins to dive sites.

I had changed the battery before joining the LOB for a week with 16 dives scheduled. The warning came on after th 13th dive.
I've had a low transmitter battery warning kick on after the 1st dive on a 2 tank boat dive last year (new battery changed before the trip) - but it went away when I pressurized for the next dive and was fine the rest of the trip. Seems like it can glitch?

I've had a low transmitter battery warning kick on after the 1st dive on a 2 tank boat dive last year (new battery changed before the trip) - but it went away when I pressurized for the next dive and was fine the rest of the trip. Seems like it can glitch?
Possibly.

My transmitter is over 3 years old. Over 200 dives. Still on the original battery.

It came with my Oceanic computer, but I use it now with the Oceanic and with my Perdix AI.

My Oceanic transmitters get over 300 dives on a battery and I rarely do dives less than 60 minutes, so that's well over 300 hours. I think the Perdix transmitters are just rebadged Oceanic ones.

My Oceanic transmitters get over 300 dives on a battery and I rarely do dives less than 60 minutes, so that's well over 300 hours. I think the Perdix transmitters are just rebadged Oceanic ones.
Perdix and Oceanic transmitters are identical, manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems, now owned by Aqua Lung, see Are Pressure Transmitters compatible across brands? post #6

I dive my transmitter with a nearly 8 year old Oceanic VT3. I change the transmitter battery when I change the computer battery at the first low battery warning, at around a year/200 dives/200+ hours. I've never had a transmitter low battery. For the VT3, you check the battery manually on a battery check screen, it is not displayed automatically, like on the Perdix.

I replace mine once a year regardless. I dive most weekends. Of course I always carry a couple of spares. I replace it if I'm about to do a live aboard.

Hi Joneill,

It might not be the case here, but sometimes divers have confused the tank bar graph with a battery symbol. Often this mistaken low battery alert will be reported at the end of a dive when the tank pressure is low. It is mysteriously resolved when a new tank is used for the next dive :) Please take no offence whether or not the case here. We realized the graphic wasn't super obvious, so called this out in the manual.

The tank bar graph shows remaining pressure, scaled to the user adjustable "rated pressure" setting.

There is no graphic for the battery. There are only two low battery levels both indicated by the text "BATT" in either yellow or red.

The battery level is reported by the transmitter, and these two levels are all the information that is reported.

Let me know if any other questions.

Best regards,
Tyler
Shearwater Research

Hi Joneill,

It might not be the case here, but sometimes divers have confused the tank bar graph with a battery symbol. Often this mistaken low battery alert will be reported at the end of a dive when the tank pressure is low. It is mysteriously resolved when a new tank is used for the next dive :) Please take no offence whether or not the case here. We realized the graphic wasn't super obvious, so called this out in the manual.

The tank bar graph shows remaining pressure, scaled to the user adjustable "rated pressure" setting.

There is no graphic for the battery. There are only two low battery levels both indicated by the text "BATT" in either yellow or red.

The battery level is reported by the transmitter, and these two levels are all the information that is reported.

Let me know if any other questions.

Best regards,
Tyler
Shearwater Research
No offense taken - but I clearly remember it was a yellow text warning across the screen that said "AI low battery". It struck me as odd as I had put a new battery in the transmitter before the trip.

I should clarify that it may have cleared before I actually pressurized the 2nd dive's tank as I had shut the Perdix off after the warning. When I turned it back on and opened the tank valve before the second dive, it was fine (no warning and displayed tank pressure).

It only happened that one time and I've never seen it again, so I just wrote it off as a random glitch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom