Perdix unable to connect via bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wait. does desktop version already supports downloading from the cloud?!
Mine doesn't.

wait. does desktop version already supports downloading from the cloud?!
I was told by shearwater recently that they were going to be bringing this functionality out around the end of the summer.

I upload from my phone to my dropbox account and from there to the desktop. It's set up as requiring like two button presses. easy peasy which is defined as my pea brain can figure it out.

Shearwater recommended using the dongle that came with the computer in my communications with them but it had been working previous without it so I didn't take that step. I would have tried it except that I checked again and confirmed that it did not have the latest firmware version even though I was convinced that it did so I updated and the problem went away.

It took two tries to get that to happen. The first time I thought I had followed all the steps but I hadn't. When I did it right it seemed like I should have gotten it right the first time but I'm really not all that tech savvy when I think I can multi-task. I needed to actually just focus on the one thing for a couple of minutes. doh.

I'd love to but Desktop can't connect to the DC. It also shipped with version 44 so shouldn't need to be updated.

The update I was referring to was the Desktop app update

It took me about five or six tries to get it running on my MacBook AIr.

you wont lose the dives on the shearwater desktop if you do a back up and save database to a selected folder -(file-back up) -then reset app and do restore database (file- restore)and it will work

I'm not concerned about losing the dives that are on my desktop. I can't connect to download my new dives off the computer.

My new Perdix AI also won't connect to the app on my Mac or on the iPhone.

I get a BT INIT FAIL message every time.

I had that once mate but only when I attempted to pair through the phone settings.

Most of the time I'm just getting the countdown and nothing.

Would be useful if someone from Shearwater could give us a hand here. I mean to say that its bluetooth works but only with non Windows 10 & non Samsung phoens is kinda limiting your market a bit.

This also happened to me after the software update. Working through the troubleshooting I was able to get it to upload by telling the download dive log I have a Petrel, not Perdix when you are asked to select dive computer (even though it is a Perdix).

This is the fix! Just downloaded my dives to my desktop by selecting Petrel 1 & 2 as the type of computer.

Super Like and Thanks

This is the fix! Just downloaded my dives to my desktop by selecting Petrel 1 & 2 as the type of computer.

Super Like and Thanks

Glad it's up and running again, it was frustrating. Something to do with having a slightly older (pre AI?) Perdix I believe?

How's Jeddah these days? I did my OW at the Al Bilad beach a few years ago when I was working in Riyadh. The Iona wreck at Yanbu was my favourite dive site, unfortuantly I will be unlikely to ever dive it again

Would be useful if someone from Shearwater could give us a hand here. I mean to say that its bluetooth works but only with non Windows 10 & non Samsung phoens is kinda limiting your market a bit.
well, it is not Shearwater problem.... Microsoft screwed up Bluetooth connectivity in its Creator Update for Windows 10. Not only shearwater DCs dont work, but a lot of other bluetooth like mouses, keyboard, etc.

I lost my connectivity with Logitech mouse.... It is in official security bulletin from MS.They are trying to figure out what they broke, but for now there is no any date when they will release the fix and/or update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom