Perdix update slip rx timeout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to update my perdix to the latest firmware 81, keep getting a slip rx timeout, haven't seen this b4' any thoughts?

It hooks up fine, currently on version 71 if that helps.

I experienced the same error trying to update 2 different Perdix.
I use Mac, and I only managed to update Perdix when switching to Android.

Took me about six tries for each of my and my wife's Perdix, and my CCR Petrel. So frustrating!

In my case it was an interesting phenom. I would be unable to find the computer using Shearwater Cloud on my PC laptop. I then pair the device using Bluetooth settings on the computer, but as soon as I started the Connect function on Shearwater Cloud, the pairing would disappear on Bluetooth settings.
After random tries each time of clicking Cloud Connect shortly after pairing, it would finally show the device on Cloud and I could update the firmware. But then upon trying to force a time update on the computer, the device was no longer recognized until I DELETED it from Bluetooth settings, then re-paired and clicked Connect at the right moment.

What nonsense.

No issues using the app on an iPhone for the update.

I experienced the same error trying to update 2 different Perdix.
I use Mac, and I only managed to update Perdix when switching to Android.
I had no trouble at all updating on my Mac. Previously, updating on the Mac was hit or miss, using the iOS app was more reliable. I was running Mojave and had to downgrade Shearwater Cloud to a few versions back in order for it to run AND connect to the computer.

I recently updated to Catalina, and loaded the latest release of Shearwater Cloud. Followed the steps, and it connected and updated the firmware on the first attempt.

I have two Perdix computers. Pairing either on a PC was next to impossible. Had to reboot my PC several times to establish a BT connection. Lot of cursing the system. I suspect a BT issue. Also wish there was more that you could do when connected. Like input user info. Am I missing something? Much easier to sync on IOS.

Also wish there was more that you could do when connected. Like input user info. Am I missing something?
Like what kind of user info? Only thing I could really update, besides the firmware were the welcome message and images. Oh, and the time.

But, that got me thinking. It would be pretty useful if you could save some preset configurations for quick changes. By that I mean display settings, not gas mixes. For example, I might want to set up some some slightly different UI screens. For example, I may want to set up different configurable info and colors for Air, Nitrox, 3 gas OC, OC Tec, etc. might also want to have a couple variations of each. If I’ll be doing relatively shallow dives, I might not need CNS showing, while if my dive might be close to MOD, having that on the main screen would be pretty useful.

Like what kind of user info? Only thing I could really update, besides the firmware were the welcome message and images. Oh, and the time.

But, that got me thinking. It would be pretty useful if you could save some preset configurations for quick changes. By that I mean display settings, not gas mixes. For example, I might want to set up some some slightly different UI screens. For example, I may want to set up different configurable info and colors for Air, Nitrox, 3 gas OC, OC Tec, etc. might also want to have a couple variations of each. If I’ll be doing relatively shallow dives, I might not need CNS showing, while if my dive might be close to MOD, having that on the main screen would be pretty useful.

Name, contact info, gasses, everything else that you can do with buttons. How do you upload an image to a Perdix?

Name and contact info can be done.

when you connect to the DC, you should see the following buttons. This is in SW Cloud for Mac. Should be the same for PC.

Download Dives
Update Firmware
Update Startup Text
Update Startup Image (This one will allow you to load an image)
Disconnect

I put my name and cell number in the Startup Text.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom