Perdix with NATO strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I previously used the supplied straps with the old Perdix. I find this is easier to adjust. I'll be trying this out in July. The tubing is the safety and helps keep it on while buckling the straps

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

These are the 20mm straps

I previously used the supplied straps with the old Perdix. I find this is easier to adjust. I'll be trying this out in July. The tubing is the safety and helps keep it on while buckling the straps

View attachment 519464
View attachment 519465
View attachment 519466

These are the 20mm straps

That looks way more annoying than bungees or the supplied strap. Why are people trying to reinvent the wheel on things that have worked for everyone else for years

That looks way more annoying than bungees or the supplied strap. Why are people trying to reinvent the wheel on things that have worked for everyone else for years

I actually find these easier than the buckles and really don't like how the straps are loose at the end. Maybe it's years of putting on a watch every day which is programmed into my brain. I've never been able to get the bungees tight enough to prevent the Perdix from rotating around my bare wrist w/o cutting off circulation. I'm sure the bungees are fine if you're wearing a wetsuit.

My issue with the supplied plastic buckles is they work, but they dont appear to be very strong......

Going to Cozumel in June and the dive op I use has small panga style 6 person boats. When surfacing I always take my BC off and the boat Capt pulls my tank and BC into boat before I climb in. My worry is during this process of taking BC off, if my perdix snags on bc - could the buckles fail? Probably not......but then again do I want to risk it?

The NATO style strap def wont fail thus why I am very interested in getting a set to put on. The surgical tubing went right into the trash the second I opened the zip case lol!

I just ordered 2 of these in case anyone else was interested in this style of strap. The set length / non adjustable ones are kind of a pain to find online. If you look for ZULU/Nato strap - a lot of them have an extra adjuster/buckle that may interfere with the Perdix style housing slots:

https://www.amazon.com/Style-Sport-Watch-Replacement-Ballistic/dp/B07BZFXFJH/ref=cts_wa_2_vtp?th=1

The ones pictured above by Trivan and in the link are a set length and 1 piece nylon strap.

Just got these in. Will get them on later tonight. Very impressed with them. Just what I wanted!

2313.jpg

Just got these in. Will get them on later tonight. Very impressed with them. Just what I wanted!

Just an observation, they look like solid webbing with no stretch, won't they come loose as you descend?

I've always used bungees or the provided ones with the clips and even then, in my drysuit I have to remember to tighten them a bit at depth.

The nice thing about these is they have so many hold you can actually get it to fit very nicely and if it loosens a bit it is no issue. When I put it on I am on hole 3 and hole 4 so the second strap is a fraction tighter so it fits my wrist as it narrows down to hand.

Diving all next week in Coz, will report back how they work. Taking the stock straps with me as well as backup/may wear as well to get good comparison.

Just an observation, they look like solid webbing with no stretch, won't they come loose as you descend?

I've always used bungees or the provided ones with the clips and even then, in my drysuit I have to remember to tighten them a bit at depth.

I use one of these on my dive computer and backup dive watch. They work fine as long as you tighten them up. If you only tighten the strap to where you would if your were wearing the watch, computer, etc. at the surface...it will loosen up as you descend (if you're wearing it over a wet suit) and get to where it's just rolling around on your wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom