Perforated ear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gwilym

New
Reaction score
I recently had a perforated ear. This was not caused by diving, but by flying after having a bad cold. Realized I had a problem at a thousand feet. (To late to turn back.)
This happened about six weeks ago. Since, I’m told that the perforation has healed.
My hearing has started to come back in my right ear. But I now have ringing in my ear. (Tinnitus???)
I asked my ENT doctor how long it would be before I could go diving. I was told that there was no problem I could start right away.

I can clear my ears. But my right takes a lot more pressure to clear than the left. Any way to improve the equalization of my right ear.(I was told to chew gum)

I work in the Middle East and don’t have a lot of confidence in his advice.
If anyone has any experience of this I would appreciate any information / advice.
Thanks

Thanks,

I stumbled into the article on another site and they mentioned a streaming video of the lecture and gave a link.

I strongly suggest that people read the article and then watch the video. Truely a fantastic resource.

michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom