Personal pet peeve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is just bad ass

Yep, and I just missed him in Bali. He'd been taking his DM at the place that I stay with the op that I dive with and then going out to play, literally at a local (and tourist, of course) hangout and walking out into the street to play his fire breathing pipes.

I begged my guys to keep him in Bali for a few more weeks but he had to leave. I can't recall why but it was a bit serious.

Since he's from Auz, I'm unlikely to see him this winter either. Sigh

Trying to figure out if I’m the loco abuela or someone more interesting.

A few years ago when I renovated the kitchen I was apparently the "blanca diabla". LOL! I'd used this same painting company before through my contractor for several renovations and I knew the owner quite well. I guess he forgot to mention to his crew that I understand Spanish. (They were unhappy with me because I made them strip their original work and redo it...they hadn't prepped the cabinetry properly and the paint was peeling off in sheets!)

A few years ago when I renovated the kitchen I was apparently the "blanca diabla". LOL! I'd used this same painting company before through my contractor for several renovations and I knew the owner quite well. I guess he forgot to mention to his crew that I understand Spanish. (They were unhappy with me because I made them strip their original work and redo it...they hadn't prepped the cabinetry properly and the paint was peeling off in sheets!)

LOL! Blanca diabla!! I could figure that one out and I'm not fluent!!!

My son and his wife speak Spanish, and when they were traveling in Germany they were on a gondola going up a mountain and my son reached for his wife's knee and realized, at the last minute, that it wasn't her knee, it was a stranger's. So he proceeds to joke about it in Spanish. The stranger, without missing a beat, responded in Spanish about how funny it was that he also spoke Spanish! They all got a good chuckle.

I had a Puerto Rican babysitter (who is also the godmother for my youngest son). She would routinely refer to my youngest son as muñeco, and my daughter as muñeca, but my oldest son's knickname was pendejo! A few years ago he asked me 'what's up with that?'. He was a bit of a PITA. He's wonderful now though!!

The endless self absorbed “Let’s Talk About Me” threads on SB created strictly as a vehicle to perpetually blather on about themselves ad nauseam. Hey it’s ME, here is yet another post by ME about ME, so tell ME what you think about ME, but stay on topic…ME!!! #MEMEME

My apologies for the rant. This peeve is obviously more than just a pet.

Reactions: Ana
Me. Ow. Meow.

The endless self absorbed “Let’s Talk About Me” threads on SB created strictly as a vehicle to perpetually blather on about themselves ad nauseam. Hey it’s ME, here is yet another post by ME about ME, so tell ME what you think about ME, but stay on topic…ME!!! #MEMEME

My apologies for the rant. This peeve is obviously more than just a pet.

Understood.

Go the service desk in the admirals club and ask to speak to the manger and express your concerns. Admirals club have a separate business section and some have quiet rooms, i.e. no electronic anything. Tell them a stock holder suggested this to you. I am:)

Sitting in an airport and being forced to listen to both sides of a conversation on speakerphone ... or FaceTime... or someone watching a movie or playing a game on their device without using a headset ...

Personally, I hate it when a restroom is totally empty (lots of stalls open), I enter one, and the next person who walks in skips all the empty stalls and enters the one right next to me. What the heck?? A bit creepy.

Back
Top Bottom