PETA'S "Sea Kittens" campaign

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I feel like I'm being punk'd this can't be real right?

If fish are the same as kittens, is it OK to eat Kittens? That would sure clear the air around my place. MMMM... Kitten chowder, fillet of kitten, crab stuffed kitten.... Garcon, what's the kitten of the day? Would you serve kitten with white or red wine?

PETA is always coming out with ridiculous crap like this. It doesn't suprise me much, they would sacrifice ten humans to save a mosquito. They rank right up there with Greenpeace.

They do have a means to send them emails. I copied the original letter and sent it to them with false crap address &c.

Maybe we can bombard THEIR inbox.

I think I'll go to Point Loma Seafood tomorrow and pick up some "Sea Kitten" steaks for dinner.

What a bunch of morons, Ken, thanks for pointing this idiotic campaign out.

Ken, check out the thread FrankPro1 posted a link to. There's been some discussion on that thread for a while about this subject.

My take: tell PETA to ask people to get rid of all the household cats held in captivity, requiring the oceans to be further ravaged just to create canned and dry food for them (I do love cats... and not fried or roasted).

Ya know, I wish there was a strong, prominent organization that is for the ethical treatment of animals but isn't, you know, crazy. I'm sure there are, but not any that are household names. That's at least one thing PETA has got going for it - it's got strong brand.

I personally agree fully with PETA's name, in that I don't want cows to be tortured, or chickens to be slammed together in cages with their beaks cut off, and whatever other terrible things many people do to these poor animals.

But I still eat my meat - I enjoy it thoroughly, I feel healthier and more energetic when I do, it's a big part of who I am. I cannot see why I should feel guilty about being a meat eater because some other jackass tortured animals to make a buck. I'd be happy to pay (and have paid) for meat from "free range" cows, chickens, whatever else. Heck, we've all seen that little card that shows you what kind of fish are good to eat, and which are not, based on where they come from. I applaud that.

PETA, unfortunately, can't see the difference. It's a shame.

Don't know why they would want to save sea kittens anyhow, those things are mean.....

f-Shark-Cat-3136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom