Petrel 2 released!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would expect that the logical step with Bluetooth 4 is to have a BT4 AI sensor... And connection to other BT4 sensors, heart rate monitor, etc. Interesting to see the direction, I cannot imagine it is just to connect to apple devices!
Bluetooth is radio.
doesn't work under water.

I don't actually know what it's made of but by looking at it, I can tell you that it is thick (from memory like 3/8"), and feels like a sort of acrylic.

---------- Post added November 16th, 2014 at 02:38 AM ----------

Whys that? Also, want to buy my Predator?

Does anyone know if they fixed the voltage reading issue while using a SAFT battery?

I don't think acrylic is scratch resistant enough for dive applications, and not fond of those laminated scratch protector 'band aids'. Liquivision uses mineral glass.

Last edited:
I don't think acrylic is scratch resistant enough for dive applications, and not fond of those laminated scratch protector 'band aids'. Liquivision uses mineral glass.

On what, their rec computers? X1's discontinued with no successor in sight.

coincidentally I'm having such issues, am currently in contact with them trying to figure out/fix what evers going on. I'll post back for anyone who's interested.

I think I the fix is to just use AA batteries. The device is capable of accurately measuring the voltage on those. From what I've been told, it's not an issue using the SAFT 3.6v, it is an issue measuring the voltage accurately.

Got my Petrel the day before the Petrel 2 was announced, and it's the old hardware version that can't be upgraded. :(

Same here, but I'd give you $100.00 for that "old thing"..... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom