Petrel won't turn on in water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pongo1998

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Have the Petrel and I did the firmware update, now when I am in the pool I go down to 10 feet and it doesn't turn on. I have it set to turn on in water immersion, does anyone know why it won't turn on?

I'd bet if you called Shearwater Research at 425.418.1425 They'd get you all fixed up.

I've noticed my predator and petrel don't turn on until I am about 20' deep.

I vaguely remember that on mine. Since I've been diving CCR, my computer is on long before I reach the water. I think I remember being 20'+ on OC before it turned on. Lynn can probably better answer this next time she logs in.

I also recall it being deeper than 10' when mine kick on if I haven't turned them on to begin with. But the manual should say for sure what the auto-on settings are.

Predators and Petrels will turn on with a combination of time and pressure. It can take up to 45 seconds to realize it's in dive mode so you could be as deep as 20' if you descend quickly. A pool depth of 10' is border line and may or may not auto turn on.

We always recommend that divers turn their computers on before jumping into the water This is particularly important if you are at altitude and have the altitude set to Auto instead of SeaLvl.

Dive Safe
Lynn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom