Phantom tanks in Subsurface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Idaholion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just OW certified, and am checking out various dive log programs. I own a Cobalt 2 computer, and used the Cobalt Logbook program to download the dive logs off of the Cobalt. I then opened up the logs in Subsurface 4.6.3, and am trying to figure out how everything works. My first dive day was on Air, and everything looks good. My second dive day was on Nitrox. The filkes look fine on the Cobalt Logbook program, but on the Subsurface, I have a phantom tank keeping the air pressure from being graphed. The screen looks like this
upload_2017-3-29_22-2-43.png

The pinked out square showing 2091 psi is on each of the second day dives. I tried deleting it, it won't go away. And I notice that there is no tank pressure being graphed.
I tried downloading the files from my wife's loaner cobalt, and all of her files have this same pink pseudo tank (different PSI on hers, she has 3 different pink PSI numbers)
Any ideas?

An update on this question. As you can see, I have received no responses to this issue, which I have to admit surprises me a bit. Is there anyone out there who can direct me to someone involved with Subsurface tech support? I have left this query on several dive boards, no responses. I have been tinkering with the problem, and have this additional information. The lines with the "pink" start pressure and end pressure squares cannot be deleted UNLESS I go in and manually change the information in the O2% line. As far as I can tell, this value HAS to be the same as the other line on the dive. I can change either line, the line with the pink squares or the line without. As long as both lines have the same O2% value, then the "remove this cylinder" square at the beginning of each line is enabled, I can delete the line, and the air pressure line appears on the graph. I also discovered why the squares were pink. If there is not a number in the Start Pressure AND the End Pressure data locations with the End Pressure less than the Start pressure, the 2 squares turn pink.

I like Subsurface. I like the layout of the data, the ability to add and subtract information to the graphs, and most of the layout. Naturally, I would love to pick and choose a few of the components of Diving Log 6.0 and add to Subsurface, and I am still finding out about sharing information between a program on my desktop and a program on my iphone/ipad (Dive mate probably, since it is the only IOs program I have found which will let me directly download from my dive computer onto my ipad with the help of their Fusion dongle). But I am very concerned about this problem with downloading dives from my Cobalt to Subsurface. I want to make it as easy as possible for my family to download information from their dive computers to a desktop program without having to go in and "massage" the data. The one thing I haven't tried yet is downloading directly from the Cobalt computer to the Subsurface program. This problem has appeared when importing a log file downloaded from the Cobalt computer to the Cobalt logbook, then "import log files" from the cobalt logbook to the Subsurface program.

I apologize for the lengthy comment, but I am hoping someone, ANYONE can point me the direction for some assistance. I can import a log to Diving Log 6.0 without issue, but when I import that same log to Subsurface I have this problem with extra unwanted cylinder information causing issues with my data. The problems came off of dive logs downloaded from 2 different Cobalt dive computers. It only was an issue on the Nitrox dives from my Cobalt, but all of the dives, both Nitrox and Air, were affected on the logs from my wife's computer. Any suggestions from the collected intelligence of the diving community?

Have you contacted their mailing list from their website? Another option is using irc and you can speak directly with a developer (assuming they are on when you are). It's #subsurface on freenode.net.

This forum is not their primary means of communication, though @dirkhh seems to respond when he can.

I did post to the users forum on the Subsurface website, but didn't get any reply. I didn't contact their mailing list itself,I have to admit I missed a mention of the mailing list. I was hoping to get a response back from someone in Subsurface (like @dirkhh) but apparently I am under the radar. (sorry, bad pun)

For the record, the issue is now fixed and should be available on next release of Subsurface.

As mentioned above, this forum is not our primary communication platform and unfortunately the response time here might be quite slow. Also response time on our own user forum was way too poor in this case, too much travel and not enough time for hobby projects...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom