Philippine diving in Aug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scubakelldy,
Dauin is quite lovely in August. Weather is starting to go towards rainy season here in south too so it's likely that there will be a quick thunder storm in the late evening and rain in the night, but still sunny / mixed sun and clouds at daytime. Sometimes there's also afternoon showers, and sometimes a full week or two without a drop of rain. So quite typical unpredictable tropics I guess. :) The sea is flat, and the water temp is 28-30C/82-86F.

Diving is great, and the octopus mating season starts already somewhere in September (when exactly I don't know, I think it has something to do with monsoon and changes every year). But the late September is very likely to give lots of octopus action already, and in mating time they don't really mind about the divers at all. The octopus season goes on usually until end of November. In August the marine life is very diverse, from Shaun the Sheep nudies to flamboyant cuttlefish and big schools of jacks. This is what our diving looks like (this film is from Dauin coast & Apo Island, and shot in August 2016 by Simon & Zoe Spear / ViewfromtheBlue Underwater Filming):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo3pRI9KFdA

Hi Scubakelldy,
Dauin is quite lovely in August. Weather is starting to go towards rainy season here in south too so it's likely that there will be a quick thunder storm in the late evening and rain in the night, but still sunny / mixed sun and clouds at daytime. Sometimes there's also afternoon showers, and sometimes a full week or two without a drop of rain. So quite typical unpredictable tropics I guess. :) The sea is flat, and the water temp is 28-30C/82-86F.

Diving is great, and the octopus mating season starts already somewhere in September (when exactly I don't know, I think it has something to do with monsoon and changes every year). But the late September is very likely to give lots of octopus action already, and in mating time they don't really mind about the divers at all. The octopus season goes on usually until end of November. In August the marine life is very diverse, from Shaun the Sheep nudies to flamboyant cuttlefish and big schools of jacks. This is what our diving looks like (this film is from Dauin coast & Apo Island, and shot in August 2016 by Simon & Zoe Spear / ViewfromtheBlue Underwater Filming):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo3pRI9KFdA

Any recommendations for operators / accommodation?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom