Trip Report Philippines Siren 11D/10N Visayas & Malapascua route

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Long overdue! If you want to dive this area I think doing it on the Siren is a great EASY way to do it. But it didn't quite stack up to the quality of diving I saw a month later in Komodo, so I don't think I will be making a return trip. It was fun but at full price not really value for money.

Thanks for your post. I nearly booked the same trip but what put me off was doing quarantine when returning to Taiwan.
I'm in my 60's but would have done the muck diving as no issues with my vision anymore.
Sad to see the trip standard was poor.

What was sad to read was that people who were knowingly sick got on board and made everyone else sick.

jjmochi I have dove Komodo and Raja. Could you compare Philippines to Indonesia , bio diversity and corals? I understand every place has its ups and downs and is unique in its own way but just on those two categories

jjmochi I have dove Komodo and Raja. Could you compare Philippines to Indonesia , bio diversity and corals? I understand every place has its ups and downs and is unique in its own way but just on those two categories
I’m going to Raja tmr so I’ll let you know in 2 weeks :wink:

Komodo blew Philippines out of the water when it came to coral health, abundance, color (Tubbataha hard corals were on par but no soft corals). Biodiversity was close when it came to small stuff, Komodo has mantas and more sharks, Philippines never saw anything big other than in Tubbataha and the Olsob whale shark dive.

I am on the Philippines Siren right now. We had great success with the Thresher sharks, and have seen many giant frog fish, sea horses large / pygmy, and much more. Corals are not as nice as Fiji or Indo so far, but we still have 7 more days of diving. Nobody is sick and A**hole free cruising.

Philippines Siren - Thresher Sharks December 05, 2022-491-SharpenAI.jpg

I’m going to Raja tmr so I’ll let you know in 2 weeks :wink:

Komodo blew Philippines out of the water when it came to coral health, abundance, color (Tubbataha hard corals were on par but no soft corals). Biodiversity was close when it came to small stuff, Komodo has mantas and more sharks, Philippines never saw anything big other than in Tubbataha and the Olsob whale shark dive.
Raja blows Komodo out of the water in my opinion. Not a lot of sharks but amazing coral and highest biodiversity in the world measured. You are going to have an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear your thoughts,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom