Philippino delicacies I need to try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, 1 week left before I leave!!!:D:D:D:D Can't wait.

I was just wondering is there are any typical Philippino delicassies I need tro try while I'm over there, other than San Miguel...:eyebrow: And please, no suggestions of Sabangs renowned "Fresh clams"...:rofl3::rofl3:

I love good food and find it one of the ways of "living the culture" of a country and region...

ALL suggestions and attempts at post-Hijacking are welcome!:coffee:

Lechon
Paksiw na lechon - lechon stew , my favorite ,
adobo (make sure it is well cooked, and better if reheated thrice
ripe sweet carabao mango
green unripe indian mango with bagoong(shrimp paste)
watermelon juice , no milk no sugar just plain watermelon juice
fried crispy tilapia
sweet and sour Lapu-lapu (cod)
steamed apahap (snapper)
barbeque chicken gizzard
oyster with cheese (thats what we order with the PPD in a restaurant frequented by Clgsamson)
ilocos longanisa
piyaya (molasses)
ding dong
Tabacalera

dessert, I highly recommend Frozen mango float

- Dinuguan
- Fresh Lumpia
- Balut

balut, kare-kare, dinuguan, bopis, adidas, betamax, walkman, isaw, chicharong bulaklak, sinigang, adobo.

Breakfast: Garlic rice, uga (dried fish), fried egg, beef tapa, longenisa (sp?)

Lunch: Lechon manok (BBQ chicken with Ilonggo sinamak (vinegar with the eels still swimming in it, with garlic, hot peppers....the Tagalogs don't know how to make good sinamak :D :shakehead:) Kinilaw tanguegue (Kilawin up north but they don't know how to make that either), grilled sibingan

Dinner: I usually drink that..(not really) .BBO pork, green papaya with those leaves and chicken soup....oh man...I gotta get back there...more garlic rice. Crispy pata, Addidas...:rofl3: hah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom