Philips Quarry in Muncie, IN~ Oct 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jendra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Please join me and others from the Diving Den The Diving Den: Intro

Saturday, October 13th at Philips Quarry in Muncie IN
We will meet at Tom Leaird Dive shop About Us1623 W. Jackson St.
Muncie, IN 47303
765-288-8144

between 8:30-9:00am to show cards and sign release forms.
We will plan to drive to the quarry approximately 5-10 minutes away from the shop, set up our gear and dive. We will have our first dive by 10:30am....Second dive shortly after.

The viz this past weekend was reported at 40-50 feet.
Water temp was 64F above the thermocline of approximately 25'...below 25' it is in the 50's

Dive shop is open for air fills from 8:00am-1:00pm $5 fill $8 to rent.
please either bring enough tanks, rent tanks, or prepare to drive back to the shop to get fills. (Tammy from the shop said she is willing to pick up any tanks we rent if she knows she needs to do so).
Cost of diving is $12.00
I plan to do at least 2 dives.

Here is a link with more information about Philips Quarry.
http://www.leaird-scuba.com/philips-outdoor-center

Please let me know if you plan to join us!

Jen... You have been busy diving! Seems every time I turn around I see you posting about a diving event that you are going to. So awesome! Sounds like you are having fun. Can't wait to catch up at M&G!

Dive safe!

Jim~I have been wanting to see his shop and dive there for a few years. I am glad I finally scheduled it and planning to go there. Maybe you will be able to make it to one of our events...I hope all is well with you!

Mike~ Yes... I have been busy diving. I actually had to to turn a weekend down because I would have been diving 6 weekends in a row. I enjoy diving as much as most divers, but I also enjoy other activities too. I too am looking forward to seeing everyone at the MnG and hearing all about the rebreather class.

Jen also dove Sat and Sun at France Park; she's a diving machine! She camped on Sat, and I know it was colder than a well diggers tush; and they made a night dive Sat, then the T-Hunt and it wouldn't surprise me if she did an earlier dive as well. The air was in low 50's and water was 65ish; many that made one dive did so sans hood; most that did a 2nd wore a hood at least on 2nd and many on both.

One of the joys of diving and being an instructor/dive leader was the joy on one of the young Crew members faces when she was explaining about seeing a paddlefish on her ascent. It was a look of pure joy and excitement. For a moment anyway, all was right with her world.

We did two dives at Philips quarry. The viz was about 25' and the water was low 60s above the thermocline (about 25')
I loved that they had a HEATED changing room!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom