Phoenix Area Dive Buddies? (Or groups?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello!

Recently I became a certified OWD. Unfortunately my built in dive buddy is taking a little extra time to get her certification. I would still love to dive and get some practice in as I've definitely found a new passion in this amazing hobby. Unfortunately I'm a newb, a complete rookie so I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to buddy up with me or if any groups would have me along.

Just thought I would ask. Would love to do some local diving out at lake pleasant and maybe graduate up to Southern California when I get comfortable there.

If anyone would be willing or know anywhere I could do so let me know! Thanks :D

I go dive every weekend at lake plesent
Reply here or email if u want to make plans.
I am 30 minutes or so to the lake.
Grab tanks at LP SCUBA and go
I am a PADI OWSI
JUST needing to get In the water every weekend.

Hello!

Recently I became a certified OWD. Unfortunately my built in dive buddy is taking a little extra time to get her certification. I would still love to dive and get some practice in as I've definitely found a new passion in this amazing hobby. Unfortunately I'm a newb, a complete rookie so I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to buddy up with me or if any groups would have me along.

Just thought I would ask. Would love to do some local diving out at lake pleasant and maybe graduate up to Southern California when I get comfortable there.

If anyone would be willing or know anywhere I could do so let me know! Thanks :D

I am looking to dive lake pleasant every weekend
Email or reply here.

I am getting back into diving. It will be my first time in the Phoenix area since moving from SoCal. It would be great to buddy up with divers in the local area. Clearblue, you still dive lake Pleasant every week?

How late in the year does anyone dive Lake Pleasant? Im newly OW certified too (just finished a couple weekends ago, at Lake Mohave) and would like to be able to get a few days in before its gets to cold, and LP is the closest. (I live in Flagstaff)

I dive year round and (assuming I am in town) am always up for some dives.

How late in the year does anyone dive Lake Pleasant? Im newly OW certified too (just finished a couple weekends ago, at Lake Mohave) and would like to be able to get a few days in before its gets to cold, and LP is the closest. (I live in Flagstaff)

Year round diving. Find it usually better in the winter. Fewer boats on the water and the water clears up as well. Late summer (now) is warm water, which is green cloudy water. Can't wait for the temps to start dropping.

Year round diving. Find it usually better in the winter. Fewer boats on the water and the water clears up as well. Late summer (now) is warm water, which is green cloudy water. Can't wait for the temps to start dropping.
How cold does the water get in the winter? and what suit do you use? The water at Mohave was pretty murky for our OW dives, no more than about 10-15 ft. a couple times we had to move because of all the stuff being kicked up. Clearer water and less boats would certainly be better.

Just checked a few logs from last winter. Coldest I saw was 53°. I didn't keep good logs on visibility, but I know I have had 30+ feet at times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom