Photo editing program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may depend on where you're doing most of your photography. I'm a LR fan, and still using 5.7; it does a great job in working with photos taken in the Puget Sound.

HI - I use lightroom Only to work on good shots after I have sifted them through Irfanview a great free program that takes about 15 mins to learn. I have used it for about 5 years. I bought LR 5.7 a couple of years ago but, after I have loaded the program, selected what I want, then go through the fancy options, I have found myself getting very bored. So I give them the once over with Irfanview then any good shots go into lightroom.

That way I can face editing which I was not enjoying with LR.

ON1 Photo Raw 2018 - cheaper than Capture one, no subscription (unlike light room), a lot of new features but a few bugs. I'm enjoying it, and as a novice, that says something - it's accessible, but clearly has a lot of room for growth.

I using Irfan. It is more viewer and convertor (very good convertor), but not editor. You can not draw there. You can not work with parts of picture, only whole image.
We talks about that one IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide ?

P.S. sorry :) I`m use it over 15 years, last 5 years without changes in my PC... now it has painting PLUGIN :) Thank you!

Any suggestions for an editor using a GoPro?

You can edit photos and movies taken with a GoPro with the same software mentioned previously on this thread or any other image editing software, the files are no different.

The strength of the GoPro is in video not in photos and video editing programs have not been discussed on this thread.

I'm full on Lightroom. I'd love to pick up Capture One, I think the RAW processing produces better images, but at this point I'm invested in Lightroom and don't want to fork over the money for another software suite.

Lightroom or Capture One Pro, Which Raw Processor is Best?

ON1 Photo Raw 2018 - cheaper than Capture one, no subscription (unlike light room), a lot of new features but a few bugs. I'm enjoying it, and as a novice, that says something - it's accessible, but clearly has a lot of room for growth.
Since the OP is using a Sony camera, Capture One Express is a free download. If they opt for the full program, the Sony specific version of it can be downloaded at a very economical price (without looking it up, I think it is somewhere around $75USD).

I really like the results that I am getting from Luminar. Unfortunately, I will need to upgrade my computer before I can fully exploit any modern photo editing software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom