photo processing software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a new 5050 and PT015 owner myself. I purchased Photoshop Elements from Amazon for about $100. Then, when I found out I could get it free from Comp USA with the purchase of a Epson Stylus 12809 color printer, I canceled my Amazon order and just bought the printer package. Whether you get it bundled with a printer or not, I cannot imagine you would be anything but excited to work with Elements. It is not exactly a scaled down version of the Photoshop, but really a different version geared more specifically for d

It is designed for the non-technical crowd.

Everything is automated. The "auto-fix" button works well with UW photos.

I prefer PSP's automation functions, but it is hard to beat PhotoDeluxe for spiffing up one or two images.

Peter

I love Elements! For those that want simplicity with great results, its the only way to go. This program is very non intimidating and is great for someone who dosent want all that technical mumbo-jumbo.

I've been using Photo Deluxe for years. In fact mine is V2.0! I really didn't want to switch but there were things that elements does that PD doesn't. Sizing photos is alot easier, for one. And the are more saving options.

It's taken a bit of study and I don't know it well yet but at this point I prefer Elements to Photo Deluxe...and I never thought I'd say that!

I initially baught JASC 7 but could not get on with it. I then baught Photoshop Elements after the discussions on this board and now have a JASC box cathering dust.....

Jonathan

what was the problem with Jasc Paintshop Pro? Was it hard to learn, too many steps per picture, or didn't correct the color of underwater photos well?
Re. Elements: what is it you like better? is it intuitive, or does it take a while to learn?

We happen to have a full version of Photoshop (artist wife) but we don't use anything that is not in elements for photo manipulation.

I also have jasc pro and think it is a great little program but I no longer use it now I have got the hang of Photoshop. The underlying image handling engine seems much more sophisticated in PS (MUCH more invested). I think it produces better results. I also like the automation features.

Just another opinion....

I'm afraid of the amount of time it will take to learn to use elements. I have perceived between the lines on this thread that
Elements is not a "use the basic or automatic parts successfully right away, gradually learn the fancier aspects" kind of program. And I don't have the time/patience right now to spend on struggling through a learning process....
Am I wrong?

sandie once bubbled...
...And I don't have the time/patience right now to spend on struggling through a learning process....
Am I wrong?

Elements basics wasn't hard to learn. Most of my photos only require adjusting with brightness/contrast, or sometimes just Auto levels, sharpening and cloning out any errant backscatter. All that can be learned quickly just by taking a photo and playing with it. The drop down menus are clear and easy to use.

To learn everything Elements is capable of will take time but I can honestly say I've never completely learned any program!

Back
Top Bottom