photo processing software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember seeing an incredible blued out picture, I think of yours, that got restored to realistic colors. Is that using a color or de-color filter? I just want to make sure I can do that easily(without a lot of steps--like recolorizing from scratch!).
We will be using the built in flash for awhile before adding on a strobe, so I know we'll need to do some de-blue-ing!

Hello,

Most of the graphic artist I’ve worked with does not use auto anything in Photoshop. It's a great tool and the royals Royce in image software. The most I use is cropping, layers, level adjustments, curve adjustment, unsharpen mask, clone stamp tool, image size, canvas size and modes. These same features are found in elements. For printing I recommend qimage.

Ed

I've got an article I wrote on my website that provides a brief tutorial on using Photoshop to spruce up an image. The example I show is a wildlife shot, but many of the same techniques apply to underwater photographs. My site is http://www.jaytorborg.com . Click on Photography, then on Articles (the site uses Frames so you won't get the navigation if you go direct to the page).

Another program I can recommend is Preclick Photo Organizer. This is a free download (http://www.preclick.com) and is the best program I've found to organize your photos. It's extremely easy to use.

- Jay

Jaytor,

Great article. Would you be so kind as to make a post noting this in the tips/techniques section? We are trying to make a FAQ for the photography section here.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom