Photo Tips and Tutorials For Invasion 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were you practicing with the camera in the housing or were you shooting with a nude camera?

Just the camera, no housing or add on lens.
I tried to use my housing with my underwater lens, but without my strobes the lighting was not even close enough for good pics. Just to dark for things that small.

I am hoping to get underwater soon and I would expect even better pictures since water is a magnifier. The settings above water should transfer well to underwater. I except strobe placement and working distance would be the only issues since I shoot TTL.

You should take a few surface photos of coins or something similar and then the same object as close to the same shot underwater. I am curious how much of a difference it will make.

You should take a few surface photos of coins or something similar and then the same object as close to the same shot underwater. I am curious how much of a difference it will make.

This thread sums up what would happen
Underwater Magnification

Ok, So we finally got underwater last weekend to try some macro with my underwater camera.
First I must premise this by saying we were at the Hudson Grotto and it is VERY dark water that sucks light up like a Black Hole. So there was practically nothing alive for macro except the little Clam that my tired eyes could find. So I had to make do with what I could find. There should be more to shoot at the Mega-Dive event.
The last pic is from the back yard with the macro lenses I finally got.

I know more of you are shooting/practicing for the Invasion, please do not be shy and post your efforts.
I welcome any comments.

full

full

full

Backyard Image
full

untitled (3 of 23).jpg
untitled (23 of 23).jpg

Here are a couple of super macro shots taken in January at the Blue Heron Bridge. I used a 60mm or 12-50mm lens with a super macro converter wet lens (Nauticam). You can get some really up close shots but you are almost touching your subject. To get really clear shots - the subject should not move and not mind you almost touching it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom