Photo workshop with JP Bresser, 4/17 - 4/19, Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
We in Seattle are going to be fortunate enough to have renowned photographer and videographer (and winner of this year's GUE Photo of the Year award) to come and give a photography workshop here in Seattle in April. JP has also won Instructor of the Year, and I can say from personal experience with a very abbreviated form of this photo workshop, that he is an extremely organized, articulate, focused and fun person from whom to learn about underwater photography.

The class will consist of daily lecture time, followed by one to two dives with specific goals (this are a blast!) and then photo review.

Topics will include the following (and emphasis may vary, according to the interests of the participants):

- Specific diving skills
- Team diving while photographing / video graphing
- Communication
- Planning a Photography / videography dive
- Using a model
- Advanced Lighting techniques
- Camera techniques
- Service and maintenance
- Compositing and framing
- Digital retouching of imagery
- Production and video editing
- Building a simple website / streaming video for the web
Prerequisites are GUE-F (or equivalent training and skills -- discuss this with me!) Participants must provide their own photo equipment.

Cost is $725 for the four days (and may vary a little according to final travel expenses). A $250 deposit is necessary to hold a spot, and the class will be limited to six participants.

I can also say from personal experience that JP's classes are great for experienced photographers who want to fine-tune what they are doing, but the workshop we did in the Red Sea was wonderful for me, and I'm still at the "which end of the camera goes toward the fish?" stage of photography.

Contact me by PM or at Lynne@tsandm.com to reserve your spot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom