Photos from Saturday 8-28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opisthobranch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, vis in the first 100 feet was pretty bad though it was clear below that. OTOH by far the best diving was at the 20 foot stop on the way back up. :D

Full gallery here: Dolphins at the 3 Nixies

_DSC8781.jpg

_DSC8806.jpg

_DSC8812.jpg

Clinton

That is amazing, Clinton! You dived with dolphins! Was that by chance or did you run across a pod and jump in?

That is amazing, Clinton! You dived with dolphins! Was that by chance or did you run across a pod and jump in?

They found us during the decompression on the dive. The first one showed up right after we got to the 20 foot stop. Scared the heck out of us as it swam right between us at high speed but we relaxed once we realized they were dolphins and not the landlord! :shocked2:

They came and went for the rest of the decompression (over 20 minutes). Tough shooting since they were moving really fast in bad vis and you never knew when they were going to appear. Totally cool experience.

Clinton

It was definitely one of those "... oh yeah, and the dive was good too" experiences :)

Amazing, what all of us hope to see some day. For bad viz the pictures came out really well.

Wow, now that's the encounter of a lifetime! Amazing pics too, Clinton. Glad you were able to capture the moment!

Awesome experience! We had a pod come past my boat outside Lobos and it was fun to have them looking up at us as they passed just under us. If there weren't hundreds of Risso's I probably would have jumped in the water with the friendlier (Or at least more curious) and much much smaller Common dolphins. The Risso's are as big as my boat though. Thanks for sharing :)

Amazing Clinton. Seeing a dolphin or a whale while under water has always been a dream of mine. Thanks for sharing!

Wow!!! That's two people (in two different parts of California) that I've heard of having dolphins chill with them on the deco stop....both in the past week. That's gotta be one of the coolest experiences ever. So glad you were able to snap some pictures to share with everyone else :D

Beautiful pictures Clinton! What an entertaining deco!

Could you hear their songs too?

Back
Top Bottom