Photoshop Actions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings all:

My thanks to TechAdmin for helping me post a companion article to my "Overall Color Correction" piece which is called "Bob's Automatic Actions for Photoshop". My thanks to Dee for helping me test the PS7 version of the actions. The action files have been composed for PS6, PS7 and CS. The actions include a Basic Mandrake, the History Snaps routine from my original article, a layers version, an automated version of the Red Channel Transplant, and a quick Multiply Method fix that can be run on any active History Snap or layer. Instructions for download, unzip, and loading the actions into Photoshop, as well as running the various actions, are included. First, print out the instructions. Then download, unzip and load the actions, try them out, and let me know what you think. Your comments are useful for future articles or edits.

---Bob

Action Article

Bob

When I try click on any of the links beyond the introduction I get messages about bad links. You goy any ideas - I had the mandrake stuff on my PC but it crashed and am looking to reinstall the actions.

Thanks
Simon

ScubaBOBuba:
Greetings all:

My thanks to TechAdmin for helping me post a companion article to my "Overall Color Correction" piece which is called "Bob's Automatic Actions for Photoshop". My thanks to Dee for helping me test the PS7 version of the actions. The action files have been composed for PS6, PS7 and CS. The actions include a Basic Mandrake, the History Snaps routine from my original article, a layers version, an automated version of the Red Channel Transplant, and a quick Multiply Method fix that can be run on any active History Snap or layer. Instructions for download, unzip, and loading the actions into Photoshop, as well as running the various actions, are included. First, print out the instructions. Then download, unzip and load the actions, try them out, and let me know what you think. Your comments are useful for future articles or edits.

---Bob

Action Article

sbloomer:
Bob

When I try click on any of the links beyond the introduction I get messages about bad links. You goy any ideas - I had the mandrake stuff on my PC but it crashed and am looking to reinstall the actions.

Thanks
Simon
I had the same problem none of the links seem to be working now. You can get the Mandrake stuff here - hosted by our very own Gilligan.

http://pt010.da-kine.info/adjustments2.htm

PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a Backscatter action.

Steve

Simon:

I tried accessing my action downloads and ran into the same problem you did. I sent off an email to Tech Admin who will hopefully solve the problem and post a notice in this thread. Thanks for the heads up.

---Bob

Simon:

The action download is still there. For whatever reason the chapter links at the upper right hand corner of the page do not work. If you go to the bottom of page 1 and click on page 2 or on the "Next, Installing the Actions" script, the installation page will come up. If you click on the "Download the action file..." icon, you will be prompted for a folder to download to. The actions are still there in a zip file.

If you or any other user has problems downloading, installing, or using my actions, please send me a PM. I will do what I can to help.

---Bob

wow can't wait to read the rest and try it out when I am home this weekend... thanks so much!

Just a side note, the automatic actions will not load up in PS 5.5. I gave it a try, knowing it wouldn't do everything that the newer versions will do, but I got an error message when I tried to load it saying that it wasn't compatible with my version. Just an FYI......I guess I'm gonna have to spring for newer software, or learn to use gimp....lol.

ScubaBOBuba:
You are welcome Brent. Let me know what software and version you are using.

---Bob

Adobe Photoshop 7.0

Hope to put some of your tips into practice this week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom