Photoshop Elements 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So I decided to "Upgrade" from Elements 6 to Elements 9. What a BIG mistake. I have had nothing but issues. First off you MUST set up a online account to use the software. Of coarse this isn't mentioned when you purchase. I go through all these steps, open iPhoto, set my editor as Elements 9, click on a photo and 9 opens up at the freaking 9 Home Screen which seems you can't get past unless all your photos are "Organized" in the 9 Organizer which I can't do because I get an error message that says my iPhoto pictures are in the wrong format or don't exist. Also when I finally got my mandantory on;ine account set up, the first time I logged it Elements 9 spent an hour dumping files into Aperture 3. So far 9 sucks and the boys on the Help desk in India are zero help. Rant over but I'm still pissed.:(

I upgraded from Elements 4 to 9 without much hassle. I had over 10,000 photos in the E4 Organizer which transferred to E9 without a hitch. All tags, etc. transferred fine.

I shoot in RAW and have been able to import through E9's raw converter into the Editor without problem. I have not been forced to add any new photos into the Organizer. I have just saved the new jpeg or tiff files along side the raw (.nef) original. If you're using a third party raw converter, that might generate some issues.

I don't go a lot of complicated stuff in Editor, but have not had any problems. But I did like the layout of E4 better, esp. in the Organizer.

I don't use the Elements Organizer because I already have them organized in iPhoto and Aperture. I'll just stay with 6 until I got a few hours to kill and figure that POS software out. Glad it worked for you.

Thanks for the review, Doubler. I think I'll stick with 6. Do I understand you correctly that 9 is forcing you to store your photos in the "cloud"?

It talks about "Free 2GB" online storage as a "Benefit" so yeah looks like a cloud which in turn sounds like a way to steal photos.

Sounds like you're using Apple. This might help https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2609626?start=0&tstart=0
Also, not helpful since you already bought the whole package, Adobe sells a downloadable "Elements 9 editor" through the app store that skips the manager and lets you use your iPhoto interface instead.

Larry, you da man! I'll give that a go. Wonder why the "Not a lot of Help Desk" didn't inform me of this little tidbit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom