Photoshop help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B:
Hi,

I've just gone back to look at this image, and wanted to fix up his belly which is a bit 'shiny'. I've tried to clone the outer edges to fill in the bright spots but it just doesn't look right. Any help with this would be great!
If cloning to darken, try setting the clone tool(not the layer) to the "darken" blend mode, a soft brush, and something like 30% opacity. Then make several passes.

Edit: I tried it and didn't work well as it always seem to mess up the texture. Had better luck with controlled dodging.

1. Add blank layer at top of stack.
2. Fill with 50% gray (RGB=128,128,128)
3. Layer mode "overlay".
4. On the grey layer, paint black where you want to darken. If you don't like the look, just change the brush color back to grey and paint away the correction. Painting in white will lighten the area.

This darkens the belly a bit while still leaving the original texture.

As alternative, you can try layer blend mode of "soft light" -- gives a bit different effect than "overlay".

Back
Top Bottom