Phuket - Price Negotiability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I haven't seen much here about price negotiability.

Curious as to peoples experience, and what kind of pricing you are able to secure, particularly in the off season, for day trips from Phuket.

Are you asking about dive rates or acco/diving package rates?

Hotel rate is already pretty low during off season.
I would rather pay a bit more for dive operator with its own boat than cattle boat with 30+ divers.

Hotel rate is already pretty low during off season.
I would rather pay a bit more for dive operator with its own boat than cattle boat with 30+ divers.
A negotiable price does not necessarily mean cattle boat. Are only cattle boats allowed to negotiate?

Operators using cattle boat has lower overhead especially the running cost of the boat.

Thailand is a perfect case study of getting what you pay for. It's already cheap.
Generally, yes.

Per dive cost is as much or more than I pay in Canada, in several locations I have dived in the US, or than I have paid in several Caribbean destinations.

But none of the replies I have been given thus far have even tried to answer the question I have asked:

Can you actually specify exactly which day trips you are looking at from Phuket? What sites are you trying to get to?

Of course some trips will be more expensive - do you know how far away from Phuket some of those dive sites are?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom