Phuket, why I never go back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to get into the discussion, because there really is no point at all in these kind of 'discussions'. But I do want to add one thing. It was me (so I guess you mean 'one poster' with 'them') telling the 'big hotel chain advice' was bad. The reason: in general these hotels are for the same quality more expensive than the more local hotels. Plus there is the whole atmosphere, more Thai feeling with the local hotels, etc. And to implicate that the big hotel chains offer more security: :eyebrow:

No I do not want to drag it on either. I just know that the big name hotels never went into my safe when a scooter hit me. I got minor injuries, but the hotel took care of all my concerns. It is a cultural thing as someone in Khao Lak told me, the Thailand will rearly help someone that crash, instead would stand and watch until the authorities come around. And I did find out this to be true, as I try not to be an Ugly American when traveling. I have learn to respect the cultural thing, even though I may not understand it. It just the way I guess. So I was happy my hotel took care of all issues. :D

But that said, I do enjoy Thailand, my wife always want to visit there for her B-day. I do have my zen relaxing on quite beaches. A beach close to the Le Meridian was so quite, there was no one on the beach we were relaxing on for almost 2 hours. All I did was enjoy my zen under the sun. :eyebrow:

I also like the Khao Lak area because as I explore the area, and driving north, I visited the waterfalls that is dots the mountainous coast line. As I took a day trip to the Tea growing region of Reong, correct me if I miss spelt it. But it was very different from the beautiful beaches or the coast. We stopped at local town for lunch at a bus terminal, where no one spoke english. Ate lunch there as it had food court with couple of stands. The whole meal was quite good, and it was all of 80 bht to feed the two of us, I am a big eater. Went to local markets, where there were absolutely no tourist poking around. Very reveling and you really get a good sense of the thai experience.

So I would actually recommend people rent a car and explore thailand as it has more to offer then just beaches and diving. I do fine the people to be light hearted, funny, and sincere. And if you are afraid of getting lost, bring a gps if you have one, go onto ebay and bid on a sd chip with maps of thailand, of just pay the 70 buck to get a new one. If you do not have a garmin gps you can always add one from avis. Just a thought.

PS

I also love that the rental car had AC, it does get humid in Feb in thailand. And you would cook if you where on a scooter for that many hours. :wink:

Last edited:
Name the places and the people if want.....the more info the better.

I know an Italian man who was married to a LadyBoy for 5 years and didn't know she was a LadyBoy. When the LadyBoy out of Love told him she was a he the Italian man divorced the LadyBoy and wanted all the money back he had given her for 5 years.
:lotsalove:

I know an Italian man who was married to a LadyBoy for 5 years and didn't know she was a LadyBoy. When the LadyBoy out of Love told him she was a he the Italian man divorced the LadyBoy and wanted all the money back he had given her for 5 years.

I hope the lady-boy kept the cash and found a nicer (and richer) husband.
Who cares after 5 years if the she was a he?

:pirate2:

Don't leave us hanging....did you ever get your money back?

MY question would be after 5 years, how did he never notice that there was something down there that was not quite right?

ScubaSteve,

If you are going to Krabi, and you are there on a friday night. You can catch the Muay Thai Kickboxing at Ao Nang Krabi Stadium it is 10bht for the local and 50bht for tourist. But it is kinda of interesting.

MY question would be after 5 years, how did he never notice that there was something down there that was not quite right?

I figured you would ask that question or not since you know so much about Phuket.
1 of Phuket's claims to fame is expert "sex reassignment surgery"

Thats a true story: It ran in the Bangkok Post for weeks; we followed it like a soap opera. Never did find what transpired. the Katoey should have kept mum.

Be sure you check into the right hotel or you might wake up and find yourself turned inside out or outside in. :rofl3:

I figured you would ask that question or not since you know so much about Phuket.
1 of Phuket's claims to fame is expert "sex reassignment surgery"

Thats a true story: It ran in the Bangkok Post for weeks; we followed it like a soap opera. Never did find what transpired. the Katoey should have kept mum.

Be sure you check into the right hotel or you might wake up and find yourself turned inside out or outside in. :rofl3:

Okay you lost me there, from sex reassigment surgery to Katoey. HUH?

Who cares after 5 years if the she was a he?

Exactly!!

That was such a funny story.

How about the 3 Italian gentlemen who wanted to have a photo taken with an elephant. 1 stood in front of the elephant to have his photo taken. 1 took the photo and the other walked behind and grabbed and pulled the elephants tail just as the flash went off on the camera. The elephant went beserk and grabbed with his trunk the guy having his photo taken while everyone else scattered.

You gotta love Phuket....its very very unique.
Its the place where Dreams come true!

Back
Top Bottom