Picked up a cool new tool recently: Eezycut Trilobite...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Recently picked up an EEZYCUT "Trilobite" cutting tool to replace my umpteenth z-knife. This thing rocks - it's what a z-knife type cutter should be: easy to use, sharp as hell, built solid. I'd post my own pictures, but my daughter seems to have lost my camera somewhere in the house, so I cribbed these here and there from the web:

EEZ-203-5.jpg

It's made out of some kind of pretty solid plastic. Could be Delrin (?) as it has that same "milled" feel. Because of the design and since the blade is much longer than what you'd find in a z-knife (about 1.5" of exposed blade) it actually "slices" what it's cutting as opposed to simply "chopping" with a only small portion of exposed blade:

EEZ-202-3.jpg

My LDS was selling it packaged with two additional free replacement blades

EEZ-202-6.jpg

Comes in two mount options. Harness mount, which is what I went for...

Picture-1.png

Or wrist mount...(my computers are on bungee mounts, so not an option for me.)

Picture-3.png

My wife thinks I'm nuts as I'm running around the house seeing what it can cut...and I haven't found anything yet that it can't. I sort of look like the guy in this video cutting anything that's not nailed down...

:eyebrow:

PS: found my camera, and if you ever get entangled in co-axial cable... better hope you have an Eezycut Trilobite with you:

39442_179657505379329_100000052436057_643426_4254841_n.jpg

:shocked2:

Nice!

cool.

For those that have this, would it be "grippable" with 7m gloves on? Would a gloved finger fit in the cutters hole to pull?

Thanks
Nick

For those that have this, would it be "grippable" with 7m gloves on? Would a gloved finger fit in the cutters hole to pull?

Thanks
Nick

No problem. I use thick 7mm gloves with kevlar palms/fingers and can easily pull the cutter with a finger in the hole. The velcro tab is also substantial enough to grab/pull from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom