Pics are up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Click Here!!

Sorry, The pics look much better on my laptop!!

click on the sidebar link for pics of Hurricane Wilma.

Friday night after watching the weather and checking the NOAA website we decided we were still going. Best guesses had Wilma being a tropical storm after crossing Florida. They were wrong!! Wilma arrived Monday, Damage at our resort was minimal. The West End of the Island was hit hard. The poorest of the people suffered the most damage. we had to wait for the seas to settle and the vis to improve before we could dive. We were without power for 2 days, after that Power, Phones, Internet and cable were on and off for the rest of our stay.

You know those little ripples in the sand that waves make?? Imagine the waves it took to make 4' ripples 15-20' apart!!!
The wrecks had moved. Badger wreck left a trail of parts and broken coral to follow.......about 400 yards!!
Duncan's wreck was upright and intact on a flat bottom last time we saw it. Now it is twisted and broken and pushed up against a ridge. It's a much cooler dive than it was. It is just amazing to Imagine the force it took to do this to a ship :11: !!!
Theo's wreck has moved but didn't appear to be any different other than were it is.

Each year I try to get a better Shark pic than the year before. This year I blew it. I took my wife up to the boat and returned to the bottom wiithout my camera. I had 2 amazing close encounters shortly after that! and with no camera!! :11:

We dived with Grand Bahama Scuba. It was great to dive with them again!! Excellent boat, and excellent service!! I highly recommend them whether you're a newbie or a seasoned diver :thumb:

Derek S and his wife joined us for the first week. A freind from the Boston area joined us for the second week. We had a great time!!! :D

We're looking forward to next year, with the possibility of a group trip!!

P.S. They are filming Pirates of the Carribean 2 & 3. It turns out that we know several of the Pirates!! (extras)

Looks great! Glad you had a great time!!! That made me miss the reef diving in Key Largo!

Great pictures!!

Tavi - cool pics! Why don't you buy a house or cabin there? sure looks like you go there several times every year...

I knew I should have stayed for the extra week.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom