http://www.diveheart.org/

Picture Of Matt Diving His Dream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
There was a person in the water taking pictures on Matts first ocean dive 11/14/06. Here is one that will be sent out to the press documenting the event.

As for the video and the Today show. They will be airing it shortly. I'll ensure to let everyone know when that date will be. The producer ensured me we'd get a copy of the finished video. From what I saw it was totally kewl.

Photo3-MJ.JPG

After his first ocean dive Matt and I were sitting on the swim platform of my boat letting him rest. Matt said, "Hey Capt Gary", I turned to him and with a tear forming in his eye, he told me, "Thanks dude this is awsome."
Well after hearing that I have to admit I had a few tears going myself.

Matt you're the best friend a guy could have. Thank you for letting me be a part of this history making event. Your Friend Forever....Capt Gary

There were a lot of people who helped Matt's dream come true. Some have been working for over 3 years on this. I thank those behind the scenes supporters who worked so hard to help Matt. My mask is off to you...

Good Diving,

I have been watching this unfold for a couple of years now, I am so glad that you finally made his dream come true. Bless you....

Congratulations Matt you are an inspiration to many.
Capt Gary you are the best I have seen so far.

Thanks Capt. Gary for the photo and, much more importantly, your contribution to Matt's dream.

Please will someone in the US of A upload the video of Matt's dive to Youtube (for the rest of us) when it airs?

Cheers,

Andrew

And how cool is this? I am so happy that this dive has finally taken place. Thanks to everyone who has helped Matt live his dream. Matt, it takes a ton of courage to get through the trials you have in order to get to this point. Way to go fella.

Way to go Matt!!! Just wish I could have been there.

I appologize for my Ignorance about this subject I am guessing Matt is a Disabled individual whos dream it was to dive in the ocean ? Is there somewhere I can read a little more on this individual . Great accomplishment by all involved.

OK just Ignore this I didnt realize theres a forum on it.:11:

Matt - You were so close to my home with this dive I could feel your presence, the excitement, and love that those surrounded you with. I've watched this dream unfold for a few years now and am happy to see it be achieved!

To Gary and all others on the support crew, including those who stepped back to make room on the boat for the media who were documenting - you are all truely unique people to step up and help this man create his dream! Huzzah to you ALL for truely making a difference.

Back
Top Bottom