Picture of skin bend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woody88

Registered
Reaction score
Hey... Does anyone know where I can view pictures of skin bends. (marbeling and the non serious type) Thanks!

Howdy Woody88:

I don't know where you can see a photo online, but if you check at your nearest medical school library they might have diving medicine or dermatology texts with photos. I know there are photos in Carl Edmonds' "Diving and Subaquatic Medicine".

HTH,

Bill

Not certain of the source of the photo, but I very much suspect that it's of an infant with a not uncommon nonpathological marbling of skin.

During the first months of life, the immaturity of the nerve supply to the superficial capillaries of skin can cause vessels in some areas to dilate (the reddish areas), while others are contracting (the pale spots).

Obviously the distal cause of cutis marmorata in cutaneous DCS is a different one.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom