Pictures I took while at CoCo View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Back in January I took a vacation at CoCo View Resort in Roatan for a week as a Solo diver. I plan on writing a very comprehensive review, but just havent gotten around to it yet, but I must say that the resort is awesome. I do however have some of my pictures from both above and below the surface in a album that I figured I should share. The picture of the guy standing with the two girls with the big grin on his face is me. The album should be public at www.photobucket.com/midgeweldroatan2012 . Enjoy!

Ah, you you must have been the week after me. Brings back nice memories :) Also, I see some lucky dog got to stay on for a second week.

Ah, you you must have been the week after me. Brings back nice memories :) Also, I see some lucky dog got to stay on for a second week.

Uh...I leave for CCV in 24 days. Will be there over the Easter weekend. April 7-14.
My last trip there was in December 2011. Got home and booked my 2012 trip right away, then reserved my room for 2013!!
I think I've found something to call my own annual event.
C.

Ktkt, you must be talking about Bob, what a great guy. We ended up being unofficial dive buddies on lots of boat dives. It was a great week to be there, a lot more entertaining then the week before:)

Uh...I leave for CCV in 24 days. Will be there over the Easter weekend. April 7-14.

Oops, unclear -- I meant Midge was there the week after me.

Ktkt, you must be talking about Bob, what a great guy. We ended up being unofficial dive buddies on lots of boat dives. It was a great week to be there, a lot more entertaining then the week before:)

Yeah, he was good fun! Anyway, I got more than my fair share of entertaining seahorses, squid, and octopuses, which was all I needed :)

You guys should really set up a Google calendar and sort this out.

We just did our 2012 trip to CCV ( 2/25>3/3 ) and saw huge, Earth shaking changes.

- They removed the first chained dive flag buoy in 10fsw where noob night divers would mistakenly hang the strobe

- The orientation lecture is now on DVD, of particular note is Doc Radawski once again making fun of his press packet

- meat cutting type table knives at every meal

- hamburgers moved from Saturday to midweek and greatly improved

- get your own desert... or seconds on desert

- removed those 1/2 walls in the dining room, expanding the downstairs seating area

- installed micro LED markers along the walkway, less light pollution

- mini fridge 24/7 at dining area with yogurt and coffee creamers

- salad bar got spread out a bit more, seems to get rolled-out earlier

- signs mark the paths to rooms, good for the noobs on first day of arrival, I guess

DMs seem even more attentive to diver's needs, the Night DM (Marcos) was "always right there" while we were gearing up.

I've always said this, but it bears repeating... CoCoView sets a standard by which all other dive resorts can be measured. This was my 33rd trip, and the 13th for "Herself". We''ll go a few other places in 2012, but always plan on coming back to CCV again.

It's all about getting wet :wink:

This year I'm going to the Reef House to check out the eastern dive sites. Sounds like CCV continues to evolve I'll be back there next year... Or I may hit the lotto and be there much sooner and longer :D

Annnnd, I forgot to say thanks for the pictures!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom