Pictures of how to mount a transmitter using a short hose ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The question about how to mount a transmitter using a short 4-6" hose comes up about once a year. Many divers like to do that as a precaution from someone grabbing the transmitter when it is directly attached to the regulator.

Attached are some photos of how I do it so that the transmitter is tucked away. It is simple, put the transmitter directly on the hose with a spool (yes, you must use a spool). Attach the hose to the HP port on the right side. Then bend the hose 180 degrees so the transmitter sits between the BCD and cylinder.

See the first two pictures.

IMG_1160.JPG
IMG_1161.JPG

Now I like to have my transmitter on a quick disconnect. I like the one made by Suunto. The female side is attached to the hose with a spool (yes, you must use a spool). The male side is a attached to the transmitter with an o-ring (yes, you must use an o-ring). Then bend as before. The transmitter sit a bit further out but is still sits between the BCD and cylinder.
IMG_1164.JPG

The strain on the hose is not an issue. SPG have been tied off like that on deco bottles and where I got the idea.

Once the hose is pressurized it will firmly sit between the BCD and cylinder and not move about. When you are done diving for the day you can simply detach the reg from the cylinder and the transmitter comes along as it is not attached to anything.

Last edited:
In my case on the left wrist. If it was on my right wrist I would mount the hose on the left port.

Why not mount it in the left port and run the hose over the shoulder with the LP BC hose?

Last edited:
Personal choice. I have 6" hoses for deco rigs :D.

I was just checking to make sure that no technical reasons for it, not trying to argue :)

Why not mount it in the left port and run the hose over the shoulder with the LP BC hose?
That's exactly how I do it and it seems to work fine. I've now got some new ideas if my way doesn't work in the future.
Cheers -

Back
Top Bottom