Piecing together two kits, need advice on gear I already own.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just connected the Bruts back up to the pony....no bubble or air noise whatsoever? I guess when I removed the faceplate and cleaned out a few bits of sand, did the job?

I’m no reg expert...but going from major freeflow to a slight bubble to now nothing....we’ll makes me feel like a genius....for a moment or two anyway.

As always, I appreciate my fellow divers replies....this is one great community!
Don't claim victory too soon...

The dry bleed valve is in the first stage. It is the small black rubber disc between the port connections.

The drybleed system is on the 1st stage. The seconds should not bubble at all unless they are tuned to crack too low. From what I can see Sherwood's still have that rubber plug on the 1st stage body. That is the drybleed outlet.

Don't claim victory too soon...

The dry bleed valve is in the first stage. It is the small black rubber disc between the port connections.
I’m taking my 15 minutes of fame....it’s not free flowing one bit now...

Understood. But does your first stage leak gas?
No signs nor sound...of course, our First Dive will be one of inspection of each other’s equipment. I always like to perform an underwater preflight walk around.

No signs nor sound...of course, our First Dive will be one of inspection of each other’s equipment. I always like to perform an underwater preflight walk around.
If it is sherwood your first stage is supposed to leak. very easy to check. pressurize the reg and wipe some spit on the black disc on the first stage. it should leak very small bubbles within a minute...

If it is sherwood your first stage is supposed to leak. very easy to check. pressurize the reg and wipe some spit on the black disc on the first stage. it should leak very small bubbles within a minute...
The black cap? If so, nope...no bubbles...

062lnyeiAWnsWvuvDcQKx8BYorqL4B8Mui6f0s0AcH6

Amazon Photos

Your dry bleed is pooched. Most likely the bleed filter is contaminated by grease. The reg still works fine, it will just let water into the ambient chamber.

Back
Top Bottom